23 Jun 11 Wash Fire NE Heber-Overgaard Update
6/23/11 3:25 PM

Size: 400 acres estimated
Number of personnel: About 100 including 1 handcrew
Equipment: 3 bulldozers, several engines
Aircraft: 3 Large Airtankers on scene, Two single
Engine airtankers on scene, two more ordered
Properties threatened: 345 kv powerlines

Fire Activity: The fire is burning in grass and juniper and is being driven northeast by gusty winds. The fire has passed through powerlines in the area causing them to be de-energized with the result that the are of Heber-Overgaard is experience electrical outages. Initial attack resources assigned to the Willow Fire, being managed by the Eastern Arizona Incident Management Team, are enroute to the Wash Fire.

Closures/Evacuations/Advisories:
Road Closures: State Highway 377 to Holbrook is closed due to fire activity. State Highway 277 to Snowflake remains open at this time. The public is encouraged to stay out of the immediate area to allow responding resources to arrive at the scene.
Emergency Information available: Please call the 593 Public Information Line for further updates by calling 593 or 928-333-3412. Or call the Fire Information Line listed at the top.

Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--
Dschur

Fossil Kokopelli

Descriptions 13
Routes 0
Photosets 26
Triplogs 50

Re: The Wash Fire in Heber area

Postby kingsnake » Jun 23 2011 4:04 pm

Jeebus. Any more fires and we'll stuck be canal walking all summer ...
Belgium has 1500 beers, and I only have one liver. Life is not fair ... :(
kingsnake

Aravaipapelli

Descriptions 37
Routes 67
Photosets 220
Triplogs 349

Postby Nighthiker » Jun 24 2011 4:34 am

Crews at the nearby Willow fire are be transfered to this fire. Willow Fire (North of Bear Canyon Lake) about contained. Did see a couple of Slurry Bombers head that way from the valley. All of our crews are now back.
jk
Nighthiker

Tutin' Kokopelli

Descriptions 0
Routes 0
Photosets 0
Triplogs 9

Postby Dschur » Jun 27 2011 8:43 am

Fire Activity: Firefighters will continue to patrol and mop up existing line to a depth of 300 feet today, Monday, June 27. Burned area restoration activities will continue today.

Management of the Wash Fire will be passed to the Black Mesa Ranger District effective 6 p.m. today.

Emergency Information available: Please call the Public Information Lines 593 or (928)333-3412 or (877)608-4025 for further updates.

General Information: The Wash Fire is burning in pinyon/juniper with a grass understory on the Sitgreaves side of the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests on the Black Mesa Ranger District.

Safety Message: Traffic in the vicinity of the fire is expected to diminish with the start of the work week, but motorists should continue to be alert due to the presence of firefighter vehicles on the highways and Forest roads.

Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--
Dschur

Fossil Kokopelli

Descriptions 13
Routes 0
Photosets 26
Triplogs 50

HAZ Forum Guidelines
Support your opinion with facts.

Responding to members you disagree with is permitted if courteous.

Making first time posters or anyone feel unwelcome on site is unacceptable.

Do not post photos or a journal of a trip in the forum.
Use the Post button found in the upper left corner of every page.

Linking offsite is spam unless... [ read more ]

Return to Fire & Area Closures

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators