Username
Password
Stay on Help
Trail/Area Specific Looking for a Hike
Sedona
Linked Descriptions None

Sedona

Postby Rob del Desierto » Jan 12 2007 6:34 pm

So, we're going to be in Sedona on Sunday the 14th and part of Monday the 15th (in case anyone is going to be in the area). I've done some hiking in Sedona before, but its been a few years. I'd like to hit primarily stuff with ruins and/or rock art, as that's what this crew likes. Already thinking Palatki/Honaki, Boynton Canyon. Any other suggestions/ideas? I've heard V-Bar-V is neat, but know nothing else about it.
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon
2013-2014 HAZ Road Rally
Rob del Desierto

Culture Kokopelli

Descriptions 128
Routes 91
Photosets 305
Triplogs 890

Postby azbackpackr » Jan 12 2007 7:57 pm

I've been to Palatki. Pretty neat area. Make sure to see the pictographs there. Not as cool as stuff I've seen since in Utah, but still pretty neat.
azbackpackr

Raftapelli

Descriptions 16
Routes 103
Photosets 240
Triplogs 437

Postby jkern15674 » Jan 12 2007 10:51 pm

That whole region around Beaver Creek is really cool including the Bar-V, Montezuma's Castle & Well. Then head towards Cottonwood and check out Tuzigoot and have lunch in Jerome!! That would be my plan IMO

jkern15674

Junior Kokopelli

Descriptions 2
Routes 0
Photosets 0
Triplogs 18

Postby Al_HikesAZ » Jan 12 2007 11:03 pm

jkern15674 wrote:That whole region around Beaver Creek is really cool including the Bar-V, Montezuma's Castle & Well. Then head towards Cottonwood and check out Tuzigoot and have lunch in Jerome!! That would be my plan IMO

You are absolutely correct, but that is sort of stretch from the Sedona that PageRob described. It's up to him if he wants to travel that far from Sedona per se. Montezuma's Castle is an awesome sight for those that have never seen ruins like this before. Palatki/Honanki and Boynton Canyon are very subtle hints of how most indigenous peoples lived.
Anybody can make a hike harder. The real skill comes in making the hike easier.
Not if we can help it UNCLE JACK. http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx Not if we can help it.
Al_HikesAZ

Uncle Jack

Descriptions 11
Routes 89
Photosets 194
Triplogs 232

Postby joe bartels » Jan 13 2007 4:38 am

Subtle, but I think you'll appreciate these Rob
http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=109
http://hikearizona.com/decoder.php?ZTN=104

V-Bar-V is a must for the information factor alone :)
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!
joe bartels

teva joe

Descriptions 198
Routes 561
Photosets 710
Triplogs 2,444

Postby Rob del Desierto » Jan 15 2007 6:17 pm

Thanks for all the info, everyone. Really appreciated! Due to some time constraints, we were "only" able to visit Honanki and Palatki...but holy cow, there's some really amazing stuff there! I'll have trip logs and such up later...
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon
2013-2014 HAZ Road Rally
Rob del Desierto

Culture Kokopelli

Descriptions 128
Routes 91
Photosets 305
Triplogs 890

HAZ Forum Guidelines

Looking for a Hike Bare Necessities
When are you going?
What is your fitness level?

Best Response
Members with posted Triplogs will get the most accurate responses. It helps evaluate your experience and ability.

Resources
Hike Arizona has thousands of hikes listed. Use the Regions Map. Select an area, then continue through to use TrailDEX to refine your search.

Considerations
Solitude in easy to reach areas with huge perennial waterfalls does not exist close to Phoenix or Tucson...

Support your opinion with facts.

Responding to members you disagree with is permitted if courteous.

Making first time posters or anyone feel unwelcome on site is unacceptable.

Do not post photos or a journal of a trip in the forum.
Use the Post button found in the upper left corner of every page.

Linking offsite is spam unless... [ read more ]

Return to Looking for a Hike