Personal Topics :: Less Hiking/Outdoors/etc

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions None
Jim_H
KittY Peakopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Cox Hardline Issue?

Postby Jim_H » Nov 12 2015 12:55 pm

Beginning Sunday evening after work, I began to have internet access issues. I have COX and a hardline modem. I can access IVP6 websites, like google, Facebook, and so on, but not ones using the older IVP4 internet system, such as HAZ, the NWS, and most sites. Cox tells me everything is working fine, the modem company says the same for their stuff, and says it is COX.

I believe it is COX, as my apartment leasing office has a similar issue with their hard line computers, but they can not access anything at all. However, it may be an identical issue, as I do not have admin privileges on their system. They may not have IVP6 enabled (there is no IVP6 IP address for their computers) and I can not see what is going on there. Stranger still, the Apple Computer on the same hardline system (which I am currently using to post this) has no trouble and has full internet, but the Dell on the same system is the one with no internet.

Is anyone having similar issues with COX high speed internet through a hard line modem with or without a router? Are you unable to access any internet through COX or another provider, or can you only access IVP6 websites?

I do not have a wireless router as I do not need one, but using COX's wifi hot spots I can access HAZ and other IVP4 sites, so it is not my computer.
Sick and tired of our government infringing upon my Third Amendment Rights!

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli

Re: Cox Hardline Issue?

Postby JoelHazelton » Nov 14 2015 2:23 pm

My Cox internet at home is fine. As for the apartment computers, disabling IPv6 would not block them from accessing different sites. Example: ASU's entire network is on IPv4, so regardless of whether or not IPv6 is enabled on your network card, you will only get an IPv4 address. And you can access any website at ASU, so long as it does not utilize P2P ports. Any chance it's an issue with your PC, and you just need to clear the cache, check proxy settings, etc?
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

Jim_H
KittY Peakopelli

Postby Jim_H » Nov 14 2015 3:22 pm

So, you are not having any issues? OK, good to know.

Jim_H
KittY Peakopelli

Postby Jim_H » Nov 14 2015 9:01 pm

....and cox fixed their problem. They assign IP addresses, I now have a different address, and a number of the other things in my properties box for my internet connection look different.
Last edited by Jim_H on Nov 16 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobP
Chartreuse Bandido
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Postby BobP » Nov 14 2015 9:17 pm

@Joel Hazelton
Hey when did you change your name?
blindmotivation.com
seeitourway.org
Always pronounce Egeszsegedre properly......
If you like this triplog you must be a friend of BrunoP

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli

Postby JoelHazelton » Nov 14 2015 11:58 pm

@BobP
Sometime last year I think? Or maybe earlier this year?
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

Return to “HAZ - Member Related”