Hiking Related – Not Trail Specific

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
LosDosSloFolks
City, State: Cave Creek, Arizona

Missing Hiker In California

Post by LosDosSloFolks » Jul 19 2019 7:39 am

Here's an odd one. Husband said his 69 year old wife was hiking ahead of him in the desert wearing a bikini and holding a beer. He stopped to take a photograph and she disappeared. He has failed a polygraph exam but claims he was very tired when he took it. https://www.foxnews.com/us/husband-of-m ... me-suspect
"In beauty happily I walk, With beauty before me I walk, With beauty behind me I walk, With beauty all around me I walk"
Navajo Nightway Chant

LindaAnn
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Re: Missing Hiker In California

Post by LindaAnn » Jul 19 2019 7:55 am

@LosDosSloFolks Nothing about his version of events really adds up. He claims she disappeared in the time it took him to photograph some rocks, and he suspects someone driving abducted her because she was holding a beer. If they were that close to the road to make that scenario plausible, wouldn’t he have heard the vehicle or the commotion? I’d consider him the prime suspect too. I’d think searchers are looking at any mine shafts in the area. Hopefully she is found to bring some closure to her loved ones.

LosDosSloFolks
City, State: Cave Creek, Arizona

Post by LosDosSloFolks » Jul 19 2019 11:31 am

@big_load
You are referring to a different story. This was an Arizona woman and the husband is the suspect.
"In beauty happily I walk, With beauty before me I walk, With beauty behind me I walk, With beauty all around me I walk"
Navajo Nightway Chant

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Jul 19 2019 11:34 am

@LosDosSloFolks
Oops, you're right. It sounds quite fishy.

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Jul 24 2019 2:14 am

People who live in Bullhead City, AZ, would be very unlikely to take their RV out to Kelbaker Road, CA, to "hike" in the middle of a heat wave. It doesn't add up. A lot of us from that area think he offed her somewhere else, and then drove over to Kelbaker. (Mojave National Preserve.) I bet where he hid her is far from Kelbaker.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Jul 25 2019 5:01 pm

She’s not missing she is dead!
Rowdy and Widowmaker

Return to “General”