Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
no avatar
0hurricanes
City, State: Prescott, AZ

Enchanted Canyon/Prescott

Post by 0hurricanes » Nov 20 2005 7:22 am

Hi All, this is my first post on this forum. I read an article in The Prescott Daily Courier online about Enchanted Canyon. A developer wants to build on it's 67 acres, upscale homes. I have already e-mailed the city council and mayor of Prescott to vote against this project. In Enchanted Canyon are Petroglyphs. The developer says that he will preserve 2 acres in this gated community so people can gain access to this area. I for one don't believe this.

What I am asking is if people in this forum can e-mail the city council and mayor to stop development of this subdivision. I currently live is SW Fla and my family and I are moving out to the Prescott area next summer. I have seen unrestricted growth here in Fla. and don't want the same thing to happen to this area as well. Thanks in advance!

Jeff

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Nov 20 2005 4:37 pm

Where is Enchanted Canyon, more specifically?

Has the land already been sold to the developer?

What are the e-mail address for the city council and mayor of Prescott?
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

no avatar
0hurricanes

Post by 0hurricanes » Nov 20 2005 8:05 pm

That would be of great help, duh on me, didn't have coffee yet that early!

For the story go to Prescottnewspapersonline, click on Daily Courier and in search, type Enchanted Canyon. The link for the city council and mayor is, http://www.cityofprescott.net/leadership/council/. In that paragraph is a link to send an e-mail to them. According to the newspaper story it is west of Prescott. Since i'm not living there yet, i'm not sure of it's exact location. Thanks for the reply and sorry for not having all that info.

Jeff

Abe

Post by Abe » Nov 20 2005 8:53 pm

joe bartels wrote:Where is Enchanted Canyon, more specifically?

Has the land already been sold to the developer?
The development is west of Prescott off of Iron Springs Road or as you head to some Granite Mountain trails. I do not think it is a name of the canyon so much as a name for the development.

If I recall it is being developed by the owner, the name escapes me; however, it is pretty much all wrapped up for the November 22nd meeting. And if I know Prescott, having done business with 'em in the past, the plat plans will go up for approval with all the I's dotted and the T's slash to include the two acres surrounding the petroglyphs.

Growth here is a fact of life. And a heated topic, I know first hand.
"Solitude is as needful to the imagination as society is wholesome for the character." James Russell Lowell

no avatar
0hurricanes

Post by 0hurricanes » Nov 21 2005 3:56 pm

I guess I was a bit late, sorry! According to the Daily Courier it wasn't a done deal yet. I know what you are going through with growth in your area. We tried to buy a home in Stoneridge and was told we could't buy and that our name would be put on a list, and then we would be called for a lotteryon the land, which really turned us off. Anyway, I'm hoping to relocate to the Prescott area next year. You really have a beautiful town and surroundings. Thanks for the reply!

Jeff

Return to “General”