Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
chumley
Norwegian Kokopelli
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Birdmen

Post by chumley » Oct 13 2009 9:26 am

If you missed 60 Minutes on Sunday, there was an awesome story on "birdmen" ... guys who wear a wing suit and jump off mountains.

The folks at 60 Minutes collected some of the most accomplished birdmen in the world and took them to Norway.

The story and video are worth a look.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id= ... bsCarousel
Ja vi elsker dette landet

Azbackcountry
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Az

Re: Birdmen

Post by Azbackcountry » Oct 13 2009 12:05 pm

great video, those guys are freakin nutz

base871
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tempe

Post by base871 » Oct 14 2009 8:19 am

Ahhhhhhhhh....................................................
"The Edge. There really is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

FreespiritAZ
Poetkopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by FreespiritAZ » Mar 19 2010 4:26 am

A friend at work showed me a video like this one posted on you tube. Insanity. Pure jaw dropping insanity (which I totally wish I could be a part of!!) However, I don't think I'll ever have the time or money to invest in that kind thing. For now I am stuck with free climbing to get my adrenaline fix, lol.

base871
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tempe

Post by base871 » Mar 19 2010 11:28 am

BASE is an amazing sport that I have been a part of for about 9 years. It has got its high points, however many lows. Since I have been jumping, ive had 10 friends die, seen many ambulance rides, 2 life flight helicopter rides, torn most tendons in my body then most, broken several bones, dislocated joints, been chased by the authorities, gotten arrested, the list goes on. Is it worth it? I think so. There are two quotes that stand out to me the most 1) this is engraved on a jumpers tombstone " Don't worry, I knew this was gonna happen" and finally, my favorite "there are two types of base jumpers, those who have been in ICU, and those who will". Knowing what I know now, I would not recommend getting into it.
"The Edge. There really is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “Bike, Camp, Climb, Kayak & etc”