checkpoint

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Nighthiker
City, State: Payson

checkpoint

Post by Nighthiker » May 15 2010 10:05 pm

Perhaps because the school year is drawing to a close. After just leaving the pavement to go out onto the desert stopped by law enforcement checking to see what I was up to. Not looking for illegals or anything illegal just checking if I was heading to a desert rave party.
jk

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: checkpoint

Post by joebartels » May 15 2010 10:08 pm

John I keep telling you... the raves have got to stop, you need to get back into hiking
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Tough_Boots
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: checkpoint

Post by Tough_Boots » May 18 2010 11:11 am

Nighthiker wrote:Perhaps because the school year is drawing to a close. After just leaving the pavement to go out onto the desert stopped by law enforcement checking to see what I was up to. Not looking for illegals or anything illegal just checking if I was heading to a desert rave party.

They are always looking for illegals. You got pulled over so they could see your skin, dude. A college party got raided down the street from me the other night and the cops started checkin' ID's of all the hispanics that happened to be there. When the party-goers told the cops that 1070 didn't go into effect for another 55 days, the officers responded, "we can do whatever we want."
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

Return to “Bike, Camp, Climb, Kayak & etc”