Anybody Ride? (ATV, SxS)

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
ASUAviator
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Anybody Ride? (ATV, SxS)

Post by ASUAviator » Aug 28 2012 11:41 pm

Looking for some people that may be interested in pulling the toys out and covering some country?? I ride a Honda Foreman 500 but anyone with a capable vehicle would be welcome. Plenty of great rides around the valley and up north. Im up for anything really. Just seeing if there's any interest on the forum or if its a 'frowned upon' activity. :whistle:

Kyle-

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Anybody Ride? (ATV, SxS)

Post by chumley » Aug 29 2012 8:05 am

There was a similar thread a while back. It's not necessarily frowned upon. There's a few of us who like wheeled recreation too!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3726
Profound observer

chulavista
City, State: Little Running Water

Post by chulavista » Aug 29 2012 8:19 am

chumley wrote:... It's not necessarily frowned upon. There's a few of us who like wheeled recreation too!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3726
I agree with Chumley. My primary means of getting into the Arizona back country is our ATV. We have started incorporating hikes in with our back country excursions, which is how I found this site.

I think the ones that are usually frowned upon are the he!! raisers, the ones that go make their own roads, leave trash, and do not respect the land. I don't like those folks either.
You will never succeed if you don't try.
http://www.kathysieloff.com

AZLumberjack
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ.

Post by AZLumberjack » Aug 29 2012 9:16 am

I spend the winter months in Apache Junction and often take my old (1988) Yamaha 350 around the mountains in the Superior area. I posted several trips from last winter's stay and I love the beauty and history of the mining area. Looking forward to seeing some photos of your trips. :D
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.

Alston_Neal

Post by Alston_Neal » Aug 29 2012 10:28 am

I don't ride an ATV because I don't drink Bud Light.
JK

Nope it's not frowned on here, we're all about getting out and seeing Arizona.
In Japan they say only old people and crazy people hike mountains...........yep

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com

ASUAviator

Post by ASUAviator » Aug 29 2012 10:46 am

Chumley/Chula, Agreed. There is a huge disrespect for the outdoors by a few that leave a lasting impression. It isnt isolated to ATV's and SxS, but to jeeps as well. (They carry bigger ice chests). When I went to Red Creek this weekend, I picked up atleast 20 pieces of trash on the way in and once there. I always make sure to bring something back. It takes as much effort to throw an empty out the window as it does to put it back in the cooler. Ill never understand their logic.

Any who... Sounds like theres a few prospects who ride. I propose we we start putting some "HikeAZ Rides" together :y:

CannondaleKid
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Aug 29 2012 12:17 pm

As my arthritic joints began to complain more I gradually gained interest in four-wheeling as a means to get to remote areas without the need to backpack over a number of days to reach them. Buying the Samurai last year boosted my four-wheeling interest considerably and just the act of getting to where I want to hike has become great fun with some daunting challenges.

Although advancing joint issues so far haven't prevented hiking, they have made it enough of a problem working the clutch that I had to make a change. So I'm eagerly awaiting the completion of modifications to the Cherokee and I'll be out and about by late Sept. It would be sooner but for a trip to visit my sister in northern California.

But hey, this being HIKEArizona.com, if we have HAZ Rides they better have a hike thrown in there somewhere. ;)
CannondaleKid

Alston_Neal

Post by Alston_Neal » Aug 29 2012 12:40 pm

@CannondaleKid
Yep this getting old stuff ain't for kids.

Our humble abode..

ASUAviator

Post by ASUAviator » Aug 29 2012 12:56 pm

Cannon - theres always places to explore along the way by foot! 4x4's cant go everywhere ;)

Alston - maybe the Bud Lights would help :D

Alston_Neal

Post by Alston_Neal » Aug 29 2012 1:09 pm

@ASUAviator
Only in the Michelata form..Cheers!

Welcome to our site by the way :)

Our humble abode..

beterarcher
City, State: phoenix, az

Post by beterarcher » Aug 29 2012 1:52 pm

@Alston Neal
All those ready made micheladas kind of blow. Your'e better off buying the beer, tomato juice and limes individually and building them your self. I prefer Dos Equis Amber, Clamato Picante and Key Limes. The seeds just add texture. Don't worry, they wont germinate! ;).....I'm hoping to buy a dual sport bike (enduro) soon so I can leave from my house, ride a few miles of highway to a forest road, then just keep going. Ride whatever you want whenever you want just not wherever you want and please clean up after your self. :D
Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
Anthony Bourdain

Alston_Neal

Post by Alston_Neal » Aug 29 2012 2:42 pm

Yep, Bloody Mary mix, limes and Coors. Really any beer works.
My son bought me a KTM four stroke single 400cc....... :y:
Then he moved to Seattle and took it with him.. :(

Our humble abode..

beterarcher
City, State: phoenix, az

Post by beterarcher » Aug 29 2012 5:13 pm

Alston Neal wrote: My son bought me a KTM four stroke single 400cc....... :y:
Then he moved to Seattle and took it with him.. :(
bummer dude! ](*,)
Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
Anthony Bourdain

Return to “Bike, Camp, Climb, Kayak & etc”