Find
Map
MAP
A to Z
notifications my cmntsmy comments

Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Trail Run (Fri-9/28 & Sat-9/29/12)

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Grasshopper
Detailapelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Trail Run (Fri-9/28 & Sat-9/29/12)

Post by Grasshopper » Sep 04 2012 9:42 am

From Fri-9/28 at 10am To Sat-9/29 at 10pm is the 2nd annual..
Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Trail Run.. http://www.mogollonmonster100.com/ This actual 106 mile trails/roads run begins on 9/28am at the Pine, AZ TH (south of Pine off Hwy 87) and continues from this Pine TH up to the Rim Top and then runs on some parts of FR300 (one being a 4.5mile section of FR300 between the General Spring Cabin area to the south end start of the Houston Brothers Trail). This 100 mile run, two day event, also includes most all of the Cabin Loop Trails and also below the Rim on a number of other popular trails.

I'm not sure how many qualified 100 mile trail runners register for something like this, but I read somewhere that maybe a maximum of 100 to 150 runners could be accepted for registration. A pretty big deal with a lot of planning and logistics required.. see this above well organized and detailed website link for more info..

Between active "Elk Hunting Season" open on the Mogollon Rim, the beginning of "Mogollon Rim Autumn Colors", and this "Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Trail Run", be aware of a lot of activity this late September'12 weekend if planning a hiking/camping trip in this area :)
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

AzAdventures
New Born Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Trail Run (Fri-9/28 & Sat-9/29

Post by AzAdventures » Sep 17 2012 8:59 pm

Just came across this post. I'm the Race Director for this race and have spent a massive amount of time this year alone on the trails around the area. From the Highline to the Cabin Loop trails, West Webber, Geronimo, Pine Canyon, Turkey Springs and various sections of the Arizona Trail as well as the Myrtle, General Crook...I'm pretty excited to see this race come to fruition after 2 years of planning. Designed originally to show exactly how diverse and challenging Arizona trails can be, this course has it all and will eventually be known as one of the toughest races in the country. We've done some trail work out on the trails and will do more every year to keep things accessible but still raw and real. We picked this weekend specifically to avoid the hunters and will miss rifle opening by about 10 hours. If you are in Pine next weekend, swing through on Saturday and cheer some of the men and women on coming through the finishing 1/2 into Pine itself. They earned it.

Sredfield
Volunteer Kokopelli
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Re: Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Trail Run (Fri-9/28 & Sat-9/29

Post by Sredfield » Sep 18 2012 7:38 am

Pine will be busy, there is an National Public Lands Day work event on the trail out of the Pine Trailhead on Saturday as well. Should be a hopping little town!
Shawn
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see.

Return to “Bike, Camp, Climb, Kayak & etc”