I'm taking a small group of scouts to the Supes this weekend for a slow backpacking trip from Canyon lake to Peralta via Boulder Canyon, Calvary and Dutchmans. We plan to camp in Boulder Canyon on Saturday night and Labarge on Sunday, exiting on Monday morning.
I'm looking at the NOAA forecast for the weekend and I see this storm is forecast to drop about an inch of rain in the Supes with 1/2" of it on Saturday night. http://bit.ly/2kNuHrB
I've not hiked through this area in rain and I'm slightly concerned about the Boulder Canyon trail with its crossings over the creek. We could always bail back to our car at Canyon Lake if the creek is too sketchy to cross or we end up with a dangerously cold/wet scout.
The trip is only 2 adults and 3 scouts. My son and I are experienced backpackers and our gear is proven in heavy rain and snow storms. The other three people are less experienced but they are strong hikers, have pack liners and rain covers for their packs, know not to wear cotton, have rain jackets (and I'll carry a couple ponchos as backup).
I'm not inclined to call the trip off. I think scouts (and adults) can learn from adversity but I don't want to be foolhardy.
Any advice would be appreciated.