Lesser Known Points

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
PaleoRob
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Lesser Known Points

Post by PaleoRob »

Just curious about what people think. I'm sure most people have been to the popular SR viewpoints, and probably a lot have been to the common NR points. But my question is for those of you who have hiked/been around The Canyon at more than just the paved access points, what are your favorite "out-of-the-way" viewpoints?
Hakatai
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Lesser Known Points

Post by Hakatai »

In response to PageRob's reply:
Swamp Point and Crazy Jug Point are great. Take 22A and explore all the side roads. Lots of cool spots. East of 67 Marble View Point is cool but my wife was just there and said the trees have grown since we were last there about 8 years ago so the views are somewhat blocked. Plus you don't have to pay to get into the park.
PaleoRob
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob »

Yeah, right now I'm really digging Crazy Jug and Marble View. It get out to those fairly often on the job. I'd never even heard of them until I started working with these birds!
I haven't made it to Swamp, but I've been out to Fire and Timp.
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon
azbackpackr
City, State: Flagstaff AZ

Post by azbackpackr »

Crazy Jug is great, you can camp on the rim there. Haven't been to all of the points, though.

Return to “Grand Canyon Forum”