Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
nessanails
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Gas shortage

Post by nessanails »

For the city folks..........
I was just wondering how long did everyone wait in line for gas and did you really need it now? How much did you pay?
Me?...30 min. $2.15 :x , and I could have waited a couple of days, But just like everyone else in the lines,I didn't want to take the chance. :?
Vanessa :-)
mttgilbert
City, State: Denver, CO

Post by mttgilbert »

I only had to wait about 20 min. but I needed the gas, I was running on fumes by the time I found a station that was still open, I put in 14 gallons at about $2.

I wonder how many of those people who bought [sic] alternative fuel vehicles are finally putting alternative fuels in them.
HikerInGilbert
City, State: Gilbert, AZ

Post by HikerInGilbert »

I was lucky enough to slide in before the melee. $1.70 8)

Filled up my bike too. It's nice to have something to fall back on. No a/c though obviously. :x

Tom 8)
chihiggs

Post by chihiggs »

Put 31 gallons in my old 76 Blazer back a month or so when gass dipped to $1.50....just drove it home so I'll wait out this shortage with my siphon pump and my bike..... :wink:

Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....
Higgs
AK
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by AK »

Honda Civic + 5 gals. + 5 mins. at pump = 1 week worth of driving :D
Aaron

"Can't think of a good signature quote" - Me
scottmackey
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by scottmackey »

I'm supposed to go backpacking this weekend in Cottonwood and I am a bit worried that I won't be able to get gas to make the drive back home. Does anyone know how Northern cities are doing?
mttgilbert

Post by mttgilbert »

I've heard that theres no problem up north, even that the prices at the pumps are lower than down here. Just a rumor though, you might want to call one of the gas stations.
Glitter
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Glitter »

As far as I know there are no problems in any other city except Phoenix! For some reason the biggest city in the state can't get a couple more fuel trucks out here. Just saw two stations down the street with about 50 people each in line with $2.10 fuel price. Luckily, I work at the airport and can fill up on Aviation Fuel from our supply, no lines. :D
Keep on truckin'
-Chris
Dschur
City, State: Payson, AZ

Post by Dschur »

In response to scottmackey's reply: I live in Payson there is no problem there. The prices are at 1.67 for regular unlead. And there is no lines. work in the valley and have been only getting gas up north. Save on your tanks.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--
scottmackey
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by scottmackey »

Good to hear! I woke up at 3:00 am and filled up this morning (there was still a line, but not nearly as bad). So the trip continues as scheduled, yay! :GB:
jmangum
City, State: Peoria, AZ

Post by jmangum »

scottmackey wrote:I'm supposed to go backpacking this weekend in Cottonwood and I am a bit worried that I won't be able to get gas to make the drive back home. Does anyone know how Northern cities are doing?
I was in Prescott this weekend - No problems. I talked to my parents up there this morning and they were still OK.

Personally - I'm taking the Bus to work, Save money, frustration, and the environment all at the same time.
"You know, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't work."
-Calvin
olesma

Post by olesma »

jmangum wrote:Personally - I'm taking the Bus to work, Save money, frustration, and the environment all at the same time.
Yea, well, that's easy when you only live 5 miles away from your work. You could probably get away with riding your bicycle to work.

My wife drove right up to a pump this morning - no wait at all. Go figure.
'Weird is a relative, not an absolute.' - A. Einstein
Daryl
City, State: Lake Stevens, WA

Post by Daryl »

I think it's time to dig up those plans on the internet for building a car that runs on water.

The plans are actually out there, but they have some major flaws in them and I don't think it would work. It's probably a hoax.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid”
John Wayne as Sergeant John M. Stryker, USMC in “The Sands of Iwo Jima”
jmangum
City, State: Peoria, AZ

Post by jmangum »

olesma wrote:
jmangum wrote:Personally - I'm taking the Bus to work, Save money, frustration, and the environment all at the same time.
Yea, well, that's easy when you only live 5 miles away from your work. You could probably get away with riding your bicycle to work.
Come on - give me some credit. It's 9 miles. (and yes I've ridden my bike to work.)
"You know, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't work."
-Calvin
olesma

Post by olesma »

jmangum wrote: It's 9 miles.
Cry me a freakin' river. My commute is 24 miles one way.
Uphill.
In the snow.
Barefoot.
With lots of rattlesnakes.
And cholla.
And roving bandits.
And no gas.
'Weird is a relative, not an absolute.' - A. Einstein
HikerInGilbert

Post by HikerInGilbert »

olesma wrote:
jmangum wrote: It's 9 miles.
Cry me a freakin' river. My commute is 24 miles one way.
Uphill.
In the snow.
Barefoot.
With lots of rattlesnakes.
And cholla.
And roving bandits.
And no gas.
Hope you're wearin' your gaiters grandpa (I've heard similar grandpa stories...) I'm wearin' my waders now... :lol:

(my travel to work is only 6 miles each way... all uphill (really), through 'DRIVING' snow (jobs), bone-chilling cold (personalities), rain and lightening (this morn), crazy drivers (always), intense heat (always), NO GAS (grrrr), etc etc...) :gun:

Tom 8)
mttgilbert

Post by mttgilbert »

Has anybody else noticed that there seems to be more traffic on the streets now that were all out of gas?
HikerInGilbert

Post by HikerInGilbert »

matt gilbert wrote:Has anybody else noticed that there seems to be more traffic on the streets now that were all out of gas?
There's no shortage of gas Matt. Haven't you been listening to Janet Up-da-population-tano? The hometown folks (or ex) may get their wish soon...

This has really been absurd.

Tom 8)
Dschur
City, State: Payson, AZ

gas

Post by Dschur »

In response to scottmackey's reply: Well now it is affecting the smaller comunities. They are diverting the tankers from the smaller towns to PHX. We only had some super unleaded last night in Payson. So check ahead if you leave town this weekend.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--
hoppy47m
City, State: Prescott, AZ

Post by hoppy47m »

Most of the Prescott gas comes from I-40 Luckily......so far nothing has happened except a price increase.........so far....
All Who Wander Are Not Lost, and I do walk to the beat of a different drummer.....'cause I lost my drum

Return to “HAZ - Member Related”