Personal Topics :: Less Hiking/Outdoors/etc

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Marc LaBelle
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Hike with Dad (part 2)

Post by Marc LaBelle » Nov 30 2003 6:36 pm

Well, the hike with Dad was awesome. It was a cold New England Winter day, minus the snow. We hiked in Newton, CT. around Lake Zoar. There were pleanty of small streams to cross, and an amazing waterfall. We went about 6 miles in all.

It was a quiet day, save for the numerous hunters all around us with live fire. that made for an exciting hike. Hiking with Dad was just like I remembered. he pointed out the obvious, and instead of acknowledging in an "I already know" manner, I looked at his incite in a new fresh way. Heck I know what an acorn is, but having not seen one in years in the desert, I let him tell me what tree it will spawn.

The hike was along the lake, between two feet to 100 yards off the shore line. At one point we had to set up a system for getting across one of the freezing cold streams. He would grab hold of a stick, hand it to me, and I would pull him as he jumped from the rocks to shore. He is no Carl Lewis these days.

I am happy to be back now and continue my AZ hiking. I am sure I will have a few more hikes with Dad. there are pics at my HAZ page now. I also included one of my brother and his girls on Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy

Rodney
City, State: Indian-a

Re: Hike with Dad (part 2)

Post by Rodney » Nov 30 2003 7:36 pm

In response to MARC LABELLE's reply:

Nice to see you had a safe trip! Great pictures...thanks for sharing!

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Dec 02 2003 6:36 pm

Marc,

Sounds like you had an awesome trip back to CT. I read your write up, viewed the pictures and both gave me a twinge of nostalgia for hiking in that part of the country. I can still smell the pines, that crisp autumn air and feel the crunch of the leaves under my feet......it's like a whole different world!

Return to “HAZ - Member Related”