Personal Topics :: Less Hiking/Outdoors/etc

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

Hike for the Cure! Help if you can :)

Post by Hippy » May 17 2012 9:39 am

Hi everyone, I have recently registered to walk 60 miles in 3 days in the Susan G Komen 3-Day Walk for The Cure.

I signed up because I wanted to help support the cause. As the first month of fundraising and training went by I met almost a dozen women whose lives were dramatically changed by breast cancer, they lost their mothers, their daughters and almost their own lives once or twice, meeting these women changed my life and now even more so I am dedicated to raising $2300 to support the research for the cure to breast cancer.
Every saturday I have been attempting a trail run along south mountain to prepare and train for the 60 mile walk in 3 days.
As my fellow hikers I can only hope you would support me in this.
I would like to ask for your donations or if you are free to come out and walk with me, train with me, encourage my every step as I help raise awareness and fund raise to support millions of people whose lives have been changed by this unfortunate disease.
Every Saturday at 8am I hike, walk or run Ma-Ha-Tauk of Holbert Trail at South Mountain.
Come out and join me or please support my cause with a donation.

If you would like to donate please click the link below.
http://www.the3day.org/goto/haleyj

Everyone who donates will be thanked by having their First Name and Last Initial tagged on my walking shirts, pants, or on my body throughout the entire 3 days and 60 miles.

Hope you all don't mind me posting this here but I feel as the big happy family that we Hazzers are it is not inappropriate or out of place, especially for such a great cause. Thank you for your time.
HH

Last edited by Hippy on Jun 02 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

GrottoGirl
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Hike for the Cure! Help if you can :)

Post by GrottoGirl » May 30 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks for doing this! I was diagnosised with breast cancer when I was 33. I'm going onto my 4th year of survivorship! I tried the link and it didn't work. Is there a way to search for you instead? Good luck on your walk!

Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

Post by Hippy » Jun 02 2012 9:18 am

oops~! I apologize!

that's the correct link :)

@bknorby congrats on 4 years and going strong I'm sure!!!! :budrose:

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Jun 06 2012 8:48 pm

bknorby wrote:Thanks for doing this! I was diagnosised with breast cancer when I was 33. I'm going onto my 4th year of survivorship! I tried the link and it didn't work. Is there a way to search for you instead? Good luck on your walk!
Congrats on being a survivor! There is nothing worse than a doc finding a lump in your breast or an abnormal pap smear or another abnormality and having to wait for the results. I think all us wimmens need to walk. Hippy, let me know when it is and I'll walk the miles with you if I can.

Trish
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

Return to “HAZ - Member Related”