Personal Topics :: Less Hiking/Outdoors/etc

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

AZ Humane Society

Post by Trishness » May 21 2012 8:28 pm

This is not even remotely related to hiking (and is more personal in nature) but I'm the Mama to two adopted kittens from the AZ Humane Society. I went to the Dobbins Road Campus for Compassion Sunday and adopted two adorable kitties (sisters), black tabbies about 12 weeks old.

We had to have our other kitty euthanized in April after 14 yrs of a purr-fect relationship when she was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given less than a month to live. That was very heartbreaking for us since we found her as a little lost kitty in the desert in 2000~~~she was dehydrated and declawed when we found her...not sure if someone just dumped her off in Apache Junction or if she escaped from her home and got lost. Anyway she was within days of dying when we found her and we nursed her back to health and received all those years of mutual love. RIP Prue baby. She was a lovable, gold tabby.

Now I have two rambunctious 3 month old kitties. When I took them out of the Humane Society I declared it was a "jailbreak" for them. Someone laughed and said...."Oh No, you've got double trouble". But the truth of the matter is I have double the love of these two adorable creatures, saved them from a shelter and kept them together. They have found their "furr-ever" home. How do I post pictures of them here?

BTW, the AZ Humane Society is getting inundated with kittens right now at 50+ per day PER SHELTER and are offering them for whatever donation you can give. The usual cost is $75 per kitten and they come with their first round of shots, spayed or neutered, a big bag of cat food and a certificate for follow up with a vet (worth up to $500). So I got my kitties micro-chipped and gave the Humane Society a hefty donation but if all you can give them is $20 and give the kitties a new home then you're good. Not sure about the dog fee but I know they have lots of dogs too.

:) I'm a happy mama
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

Grasshopper
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: AZ Humane Society

Post by Grasshopper » May 21 2012 8:39 pm

Trishness wrote:How do I post pictures of them here?
I'd suggest you just post a generic titled picset of the kitties with their names/details in the caption section, then link the picset to this forum thread :)
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

NatureKopelli
City, State: Arizona

Post by NatureKopelli » May 21 2012 8:44 pm

So sad to hear about the loss of your Prue baby. But, very heart warming and touching to see you continue to share the love you had for her with two new baby kittens! There is a way to make a personal album in your profile, and I think it might be for photos like those of your new kittens. You might also be able to post photos from flickr with an embedded code in these forums, but not sure as I have not tried it here. Thanks for sharing this awesome story and information from the humane society. :)
"To me, a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug." ~Helen Keller
"You have to touch a tree and feel it..." ~Dr Alex Shigo...Touch Trees! Hug Trees!
Lizards make me smile :)

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » May 21 2012 9:19 pm

well, I thought I posted some pics and linked them but who knows what the heck I did! Ill check back tomorrow.

admin adds: http://hikearizona.com/photoset.php?ID=20082 ;)
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

Return to “HAZ - Member Related”