Personal Topics :: Less Hiking/Outdoors/etc

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

Flat Stanley meets Cartwheels Across America

Post by Hippy » Jul 01 2012 2:32 pm

So back in the day there was this little paper doll type guy lovingly known as "Flat Stanley"
When we went to Disneyland an took our photo with Mickey Mouse, Flat Stanley was in the picture
When we visited Meteor Crater, Flat Stanley made an appearance in the photo album
When the world's biggest ball of yarn was our last pit stop...there was Flat Stanley in the photos...

But, alas, Flat Stanley is no more in my life...he has been replaced by my own energetic desires.

Cartwheels. On the rim of The Grand Canyon. Beside one of Lee's Ferry's famous Balanced Rocks. In the waves of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. At the foot of the waterfalls made famous near the native village of Supai...

Cartwheels Across America has become my new Flat Stanley.

So my question to you all, if you had a Flat Stanley, or could execute a cartwheel, where in Arizona would you have that photo taken? Over 40 cartwheels have already been photographed across America by yours truly, including Weaver's Needle and Supai, The South Rim, The Balanced Rocks, Kartchner Caverns, Picacho Peak...two different sections of The Colorado River...

But my friends, where would be a truly wonderful place? Where would you send me and my Flat Stanley? Send me to the farthest reaches of our beloved state, send me on a 6 day backpacking trip simply to obtain this cartwheel in the picturesque, remote and desirable location!

Where would you send me next?

http://www.facebook.com/cartwheelsacrossamerica

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Flat Stanley meets Cartwheels Across America

Post by outdoor_lover » Jul 01 2012 2:44 pm

Aylor's Arch. How's your balance beam routine? :sl:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Jul 02 2012 9:02 am

@Outdoor Lover :sl: oh goodness...
Last edited by Hippy on Dec 30 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobP

Post by BobP » Jul 02 2012 9:12 am

Supai is cool,Mountains in Flag are cool, Salt trail is cooler, but so far Cheops Plateau is my favorite place in all of AZ....the only problem is getting up to the top ;) . Once on top.... Cartwheels would be easy and pics would be amazing.
http://www.blindmotivation.com
http://www.seeitourway.org
Always pronounce Egeszsegedre properly......
If you like this triplog you must be a friend of BrunoP

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Jul 02 2012 10:10 am

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Jul 02 2012 5:59 pm

@rlrjamy Supai, done. Doing Humphrey's Peak end of this month. Cheops Plataeu? Sounds exciting.

@Outdoor Lover I should've known that! I'll add it to the list!!

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Jul 04 2012 5:30 pm

When I was 26 (you know, back PC "pre-computers" or "previous century") I was able to do cartwheels, aerials, back walkovers etc etc. All I could possibly muster up now is side wheel. Heck, I throw a "Wendy" and hurt myself! ;) Just toting "peeps" has become my flat stanley.

Love the idea though HippyHaley!!! Keep on keepin' on while you can~~~~~~ :y:

Trish
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Jul 04 2012 5:49 pm

@Trishness
So where were the Peeps on your trip to Utah??????

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness » Jul 06 2012 5:34 pm

I gotta tell you, the ghost peeps melted on a hike I did in November and became deformed~~~~

And the snowman peeps looked like "dirty March snow" so I threw them out. I ate the Easter Peeps!!!!! :y:
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey

Hippy

Post by Hippy » Jul 08 2012 12:25 pm

@Trishness :sl: peeps?!?! I don't think I could handle peeps on a trip...they would fall out mid-cartwheel and if my arms collasped I would end up with peep on my face... :D

Return to “HAZ - Member Related”