Best Beer Brewed in Arizona...

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
writelots
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Best Beer Brewed in Arizona...

Post by writelots » Oct 14 2009 11:57 am

Starting the topic that our own Indiana Jones silhouette recommended on a photo comment.

I want to vote for some Tucson contenders... I have been thoroughly enjoying the Citrus Blonde at the Barrio Brewery. Besides, I really just love hanging on the patio and getting a discount on my beer when the train goes by...
-----------------------------------
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.- Barack Obama

JoelHazelton
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Best Beer Brewed in Arizona...

Post by JoelHazelton » Jun 27 2010 10:15 pm

Sleepy Dog Brewery in Tempe has a Milk Stout and a Scottish Ale that are both absolutely amazing. I also recently checked out Sun Up Brewery in Central Phoenix and their Vanilla Porter and Cream Stout was awesome. They also had a Triple IPA that was pretty good, and I'm not much of a hops guy.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

fricknaley

Post by fricknaley » Jun 28 2010 6:20 am

azpride wrote:They also had a Triple IPA that was pretty good, and I'm not much of a hops guy.
come to the dark side, joel... :y:
hi

Jeffshadows
City, State: Old Pueblo

Post by Jeffshadows » Jun 29 2010 8:08 am

dysfunction wrote:mmmmmm dunkelweiß

I may have to make a pilgrimage to the Barrio
Sounds like a good idea...this Friday? :D
AD-AVGVSTA-PER-ANGVSTA

writelots

Post by writelots » Jun 30 2010 12:16 am

@dysfunction & jeffmacewen
Awww...man! You can't hit the Barrio while I'm out of town - it's like cruel and unusual!

Okay, so you can go, but only if you promise to meet me some other night when I'm not stranded in So. Cal...
-----------------------------------
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.- Barack Obama

Jeffshadows
City, State: Old Pueblo

Post by Jeffshadows » Jun 30 2010 8:01 am

writelots wrote:@dysfunction & jeffmacewen
Awww...man! You can't hit the Barrio while I'm out of town - it's like cruel and unusual!

Okay, so you can go, but only if you promise to meet me some other night when I'm not stranded in So. Cal...
Indeed! It can be a HAZ meet-up!
AD-AVGVSTA-PER-ANGVSTA

dysfunction

Post by dysfunction » Jun 30 2010 8:36 am

@jeffmacewen@writelots

I have a couple growlers that desperately need refilling anyway ;)
mike

"Solvitur ambulando" or maybe by brewers.

hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz » Jun 30 2010 8:52 am

For you 'Puebloians'........ Steve, the owner of the Rimside Grill in Pine was over last night and he told me that he will soon be carrying 'Old Monkeyshine' on tap. (My favorite! :y: )
His motto has always been "no crap on tap" - so you'll never find any fizzy-yellow beer hooked up to HIS jockey-box! He always has a nice selection of craft beers on tap so be sure to stop by when you're up on the Rim. He's a beer guy and even brews his own beers (which are very good BTW). He placed 1st last year and 2nd this year in the GCC/Rim Country Home Brewers championship.
kurt

JoelHazelton

Post by JoelHazelton » Jun 30 2010 9:13 pm

HAZer JohnnyBackpack and I met up at San Tan Brewery in Chandler today for a couple beers. Along with great company, the Epicenter Amber Ale made for a damn good time.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

chumley

Post by chumley » Jun 30 2010 11:11 pm

I haven't been to San Tan in a while ... is the Epicenter a new brew for them? Is it seasonal/temporary?
Profound observer

JoelHazelton

Post by JoelHazelton » Jul 01 2010 4:14 pm

This was my first time there. The Epicenter looked to be permanently on the menu... Kind of a tastier version of Newcastle. I also tried the Gordo Stout, which was good, but strikingly similar to a Guinness.

te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Post by te_wa » Aug 11 2015 7:36 pm

this is subjective, but my vote for Best AZ beer (recently marketed) is SunUp's "white russian imperial stout". second place, possibly Dragoon IPA. it is the definition of what a west coast ipa should be. get some!
:D

JoelHazelton

Post by JoelHazelton » Aug 12 2015 12:26 pm

I think my favorite local beer is currently AZ Wilderness "White Canyon Stout". Phenomenal. Also, I enjoy that you revived this thread because I got to see my comment from 6 years ago:
Joel Hazelton wrote:hoppy beer :yuck:
:lol: :lol:

chumley

Post by chumley » Aug 12 2015 1:09 pm

@Joel Hazelton
In addition to the White Canyon stout (which by the way, is a mind- tarzan swing the likes of which you haven't seen since Crystal Pepsi -- it's a stout with the color of bud light) -- there's a new one that might be my new AZW favorite to date: Tropical Storm Pale Ale. Wowzer. Really, really good. 100% Australian Galaxy hops, and rumored to have bits of real piranha!
Profound observer

te_wa

Post by te_wa » Aug 12 2015 3:24 pm

i was laughing at my comments from way back.. kiltlifter? i haven't even HAD one of those in years. i did have teh BA kilty, it was good. back at the wild and woody fest. so far as stouts, North Mountain's NIB was great. i like Street Cred from BRI, too. come to think of it, their Peach Lolli is fantastic as well.

JimmyLyding
City, State: Walnut Creek, CA

Post by JimmyLyding » Aug 14 2015 7:13 pm

20150705 036.JPG
I like to enjoy Sex Panther Double Chocolate Porter (San Tan) when I'm in Phoenix. 50% of the time it works every time.

I don't know if it's the best beer in AZ, and I wouldn't choose it if I had to choose only one beer to drink the rest of my life, but it's certainly notable.

I'm a pale ale (not necessarily IPA) guy. I would choose Saint Archer Pale Ale if this was a thread about the best beer from San Diego.

My vote for best beer in AZ goes to Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter. Just ridiculous.

rcorfman

Post by rcorfman » Aug 14 2015 9:49 pm

Isn't the best beer brewed in Arizona the one in your hand? Anyhow, I will say that I really enjoyed a couple pints of AZ Trail Ale after rucking 75 miles along the AZT from Sunflower to Pine at THAT Brewery.
Go find a LonelyCache

te_wa

Post by te_wa » Aug 15 2015 3:42 pm

rcorfman wrote:...from Sunflower to Pine at THAT Brewery.
that's actually an 85 mile hike, i think you cheated yourself a pint!
also, THAT brewery (owned by Steve and Tamara) has a sister store in Cottonwood.. also worth the trip. shameless plug
Jim Lyding wrote:I like to enjoy Sex Panther Double Chocolate Porter (San Tan) when I'm in Phoenix
James, you gotta get your paws on Prescott brewing's "Achocolypse". now in cans, perfect for CAG shots. prost!

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Jan 25 2018 10:57 pm

Best Beer Brewed in AZ??? How about the ones that will help save one of our own Rivers... Another Reason to Drink Beer AND Support your Local Business since Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company sounds like they are completely on Board with this Project....
https://www.outsideonline.com/2275021/h ... nsiteshare
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

joebartels

Post by joebartels » Jan 25 2018 11:18 pm

wow
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Jan 26 2018 3:42 am

@joebartels
Just goes to show you that it only takes 1 Person... That Person comes up with a Brilliant Idea and has the Conviction to not only Push the Idea, but also be Convincing enough to get others to take a Chance and jump on the Bandwagon and make it happen.... Hopefully that Band will grow and the River will begin to recover. It sounds like it's already happening to a certain extent.... Cheers!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Return to “Food/Recipes”