One notable thing looking at the proposed map is that there will be two new trails built that access the Elden Summit, along with improvements to the existing summit trail. The plan has not been finalized and is open for public comment.
Comments (in writing) are due by September 28, 2020.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/coconino ... RDB5439778
Map of proposed changes:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/www/n ... 343433.pdf
What the Forest Service is proposing:
• Adding up to 55 miles of new system trails
• Modification, improvement and construction of 6 trailheads
• Guidelines for consistent management of recreation trail events
• Improvements to signs, education, interpretation, and trails
• Decommissioning at least 7 miles of unauthorized trails