Day Hiking & general trail related

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
chumley
Highway Artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Horseshoe Bend improvements

Post by chumley » Sep 14 2017 9:51 am

A new monument sign, more parking, new ADA-compliant trail alignment, shade structures, and a safety railing!
visitors will find the trail no longer goes over the hill as it does currently, but will go around it instead, which they believe will lessen heat and fatigue-related emergencies. The new trail will also comply with guidelines with the American with Disabilities Act. Two shade structures will be added along the trail. The main viewing area will include safety railing.
The article doesn't indicate when the improvements will be completed, only that ground-breaking took place last week.

https://lakepowellchronicle.com/article ... t-underway

chumley
Highway Artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Horseshoe Bend improvements

Post by chumley » Sep 14 2017 10:07 am

I'm thinking they should include an airport-style moving walkway conveyor belt thingy with an automated wide-angle camera on a pole to take "selfies" as each person slides past the viewpoint. Put in a super powerful free wifi hotspot and let everybody upload the photos to their favorite social media on the spot!

Embrace the future! :y:

DarthStiller
Lombardi Caretaker
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by DarthStiller » Sep 14 2017 10:10 am

After visiting there once, it still astounds me that there haven't been more fatalities there with the hordes of people who are constantly there and how much room there is along the edges of the cliffs.

cw50must
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by cw50must » Sep 15 2017 11:45 am

Glad I got to see it when I did.

Return to “Trail Chat”