Day Hiking & general trail related

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
pfredricks
City, State: Glendale, AZ

new twist @ the VHS

Post by pfredricks » Nov 22 2003 1:49 pm

As I was researching the kayaking things, I ran across a picture of the sign proclaiming "no nudity" at VHS
there seems to be a little note attached pointing at the ARS
It did get me thinking.
ARS is arizona revised statute-does that apply or not at the hot springs proper?
Believe me, i am not trying to stir the pot, I just really wondered if that is true or not.
thanks

picture
http://www.americanwhitewater.org/photos/?photoid=1106

-I actually did some quick research -
the ARS 13-1403 does not seem to make nudity itself illegal. I am almost certain that it is, but not according to the statute listed, i dont believe.

the ars itself
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocu ... ocType=ARS
"I'd feel better if we had some crampons. Oh, what the hell, let's go for it..." — Common climbing last words.

Abe
City, State: Prescott, AZ

Post by Abe » Nov 23 2003 3:43 pm

Rodney wrote:
Daryl wrote:Just curious; I'm sure public urination is in the ARS. Does that apply to the national forest land? I hope not!!!
The thing about any ARS...it really only applies when you are "caught & charged". Till then, you are free to pee on the tree! :lol: Besides, wild animals mark their trails all the time! Now...if you get to the point that you can tell who has been on the trail before you, you've gone way too far! :o
:? You know, somebody has to throw a monkeywrench into everything. I never once considered it. My whole life is wrecked now that I have to wrestle with this new thought. : :(

:idea: Oh wait, I had already admitted to breaking certain rules. Like sunbathing and skinny dipping. Therefore, I am good to go.

suzaz
City, State: Gold Canyon, AZ

Ask for forgiveness

Post by suzaz » Nov 23 2003 4:04 pm

Great topic.........

I agree, poor spelling makes the entire sign null and void.

Perhaps it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission....in this very specific situation.

Where is this place?
S

Rodney
City, State: Indian-a

Re: Ask for forgiveness

Post by Rodney » Nov 23 2003 4:33 pm

suzaz wrote:I agree, poor spelling makes the entire sign null and void.
Good point...but, in this case, I'm pretty sure the poor spelling is not from the original sign maker. Which brings up yet another ARS...defacing public/private property! :sweat:

Also, I don't think you can even ask for permission to violate an ARS...but, the forgiveness part is more than welcome in the form of your time and money. :wink:

Butt...if you don't get caught, you don't have to worry about it either way. 8)

suzaz
City, State: Gold Canyon, AZ

Post by suzaz » Nov 23 2003 4:56 pm

In response to Rodney's reply:

hmmm, I thought it might have been an addendum to the original sign.

In either case, you're right, we should keep our clothes on. I actually do know someone that was relaxing in the sun (nude) on National Forest land and managed to get arrested. How do they find these people?

Rodney
City, State: Indian-a

Post by Rodney » Nov 23 2003 5:23 pm

suzaz wrote:I actually do know someone that was relaxing in the sun (nude) on National Forest land and managed to get arrested. How do they find these people?
Hmmmm...I wonder if he could have gotten out of it by saying "you're too late, I had already placed myself under citizen's arrest and was in the process of performing a strip search!"? :idea: :lol:

napalm
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by napalm » Jan 09 2004 1:58 am

Regarding the deputization of federal law enforcement; if I'm not mistaken, many times Border Patrol Agents working in remote areas are deputized in the counties they operate in order to assist county law enforcement.

I have seen those who perhaps where not completely naked who I found somewhat offensive And then I have seen those who without a stitch of clothes where not offensive at all!
So as long as the naked person is good looking it's okay, but any ugly naked people need to be tossed in the clink?

The thing about any ARS...it really only applies when you are "caught & charged". Till then, you are free to pee on the tree!
I think the point is, as long as you don't whip it out and start peeing on a flat rock in front of a group of 12 year old kids that you don't know it doesn't matter.

Otherwise, who's to know? Are they going to institute satellite-based IR imaging and helicopter in a tactical team to slap a cuff (thumbcuff?) on your lean, mean, peein' machine?

:lol:

Return to “Trail Chat”