Day Hiking & general trail related

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guide  • Humphreys Summit Trail #151, AZ
Linked Areas none
az420dude
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Humphreys update...

Post by az420dude » Oct 13 2006 9:05 am

If you're planning to do the Peaks this weekend be prepared for a possible snow event. A weather system moving in tonight lasting thru the morning tomorrow could bring additional snow to the Weatherford Trail and new accumulation to the Humphreys Trail. If your heart is still set on hiking it - the Humphreys Trail will be your best bet to Agassiz and beyond. Going up the other way using the Weatherford to the summit will for sure be a challenge. Either way be prepared for some possible snowshoeing!

-peace

Dschur
City, State: Payson, AZ

Re: Humphreys update...

Post by Dschur » Oct 16 2006 8:34 am

In response to az420dude's reply: Drove past San Francisco peaks yesterday and the snow was way down on the hill. We stopped on Thursday at snow bowl to get some pictures of the fall colors and there was some nice ones. But most of the trees had the leaves gone at that level. And it looked from the road that the snow came all the way down to the Snow bowl area. It rained and snowed on the north rim too.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--

Shi
City, State: Peoria, AZ

Post by Shi » Oct 16 2006 10:53 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else is excited about the snow fall....all I can think is, SKIING!!!!!!! \:D/ Mary
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

Ancient Indian Proverb

Return to “Trail Chat”