Camera, Lens, Video & Software

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
gcahal
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Nikon D40

Post by gcahal » Apr 23 2009 3:07 pm

Ok so Im looking to upgrade from my POS kodak camera. Im not looking to spend 1000 bucks. I found a Nikon d40 with 2 lenses, battery and charger and all the stuff that comes with it. For 525.00 On eis a standard lens the other is a zoom lens. IM not too up to date with all the newer hi tech stuff. Heck i have used a pentax k1000 for the past 20 years...... I mostly want to do out door, nature shots. Is this a decent camera???

Davis2001r6
City, State: Suffolk, UK

Re: Nikon D40

Post by Davis2001r6 » Apr 23 2009 3:31 pm

I had a friend buy one about a month ago, he likes it so far. There was a deal post on slick deals but its expired now. If you google " slick deals 1279209 " it will pull it up. 2 lenses and the D40 and a 4gb card for like $479. Expired though, I watch that site pretty frequently and there are some good deals every week or two on DSLR's.

JoelHazelton

Post by JoelHazelton » Apr 23 2009 3:39 pm

That should be more than enough camera.

I must plug the Canon g10 again... Unless you've got your heart set on super wide or really long lenses, this sweet point n shoot is 14.7 megapixels and much newer than the Nikon you're looking at, not to mention much easier to lug around on long hikes. If your looking to casually take pictures, yet have the ability to capture some great detail and use all manual settings, get the Canon. If you want to seriously get into photography and plan on investing more time and money into it, than go for the Nikon SLR. Just my two cents...

Take a look at Grasshopper's photosets, they're pretty darn phenomenal. One would never guess he's using a point and shoot, but he's got the g10.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

gcahal

Post by gcahal » Apr 25 2009 10:20 am

If im not mistaken this Nikon is a SLR camera. im still doing some research.

Return to “Photography”