Camera, Lens, Video & Software

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
RedRoxx44
City, State: outside, anywhere

Picture hanging/mounting

Post by RedRoxx44 » Jul 18 2013 12:24 pm

I have to give a at least 1.5 thumbs up for the 3m Command hanging system which involves a velcro and sticky surface designed to help you hang photos and not mar walls. You apply a directional tension to the seal to break it and remove all traces of the mount. I painted a fairly large canvas with a cloud, sky scenario and put it up on the ceiling of my guest room. 5 days later it's still there and no sag, all corners approximated. Now I will pursue more ceiling art. Like the texture of a painted versus photo or print, too flat.

tibber
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Picture hanging/mounting

Post by tibber » Jul 18 2013 12:29 pm

RedRoxx44 wrote: I painted a fairly large canvas with a cloud, sky scenario and put it up on the ceiling of my guest room.
Would love to see a pic of it. I just used a special double roller to create the blue sky with cloud effect on a ceiling.
For me, sometimes it's just as much about the journey as the destination.
Oh, and once in awhile, don't forget to look back at the trail you've traveled.

AZLumberjack
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ.

Re: Picture hanging/mounting

Post by AZLumberjack » Jul 20 2013 5:07 am

RedRoxx44 wrote:Like the texture of a painted versus photo or print, too flat.
I recently stopped in at a local Office Max store (in Minnesota) to get some photos printed on photo stock when I noticed a sample of Canvas Wraps they were promoting. I asked of they were doing the printing here or sending it out and was told that they had the equipment do to it on site.

As she was making my 8x10's she also sent a copy to the Canvas printer and showed me a 17x22 of one of the photos. WOW! :o was that awesome. When I asked her how much she wanted for this print, she responded, "You can have that one, I know you'll be back".

The canvas prints are ment to be wrapped around a wood frame but can be applied just about any way that flips your artistic trigger. Prices vary by size so check before ordering several. She's right though, I'll be back for more prints-on-canvas. :y:
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.

Return to “Photography”