Classifieds to retail store sales

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Dirt4dinner
City, State: Mesa, AZ

4 Season Hennessy Hammock set up

Post by Dirt4dinner » Jan 26 2009 9:20 pm

It's time for me to move to a different hammock, so my two hennessys are for sale. This ad will be for a VERY complete setup!

1 - Hennessy Explorer Asym w/ stock fly (retail $139)
1 - Hennessy Super Shelter system (retail $129)
1 - DIY closed cell foam pocket pad (this is 2 pieces of 1/4" CCF glued on the edges with an opening at the top) (cost me $60 to make)
1 - cut down Thermarest Z-Rest to fit in the pocket pad ($10)
2 - Extra long tree huggers for protecting the tree trunk from the ridgeline ($15)
1 - custom made (Te-Wa) stuff sack for the whole setup ($10)

Total Retail = $355

FOR SALE $250 out the door.
*****Dirt4Dinner***** - I like anything fast enough to do something stupid on.

te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Re: 4 Season Hennessy Hammock set up

Post by te_wa » Jan 26 2009 10:25 pm

damn, thats a complete system. FWIW, I just wrote an article on hammock camping that Joe should be posting to HAZ very soon...
if you have any reservations of this deal by d4d, read the tutorial and then get your paypal account ready...
this should not be passed up :D
:D

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Jan 26 2009 10:45 pm

Total weight?

te_wa

Post by te_wa » Jan 26 2009 11:08 pm

big_load wrote:Total weight?
less than the 12-pack you'd have to carry to be this comfortable :sl:

ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming..

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Jan 27 2009 8:35 am

I'll weigh it today, I've never actually checked it out. It's so comfortable that I have never cared what it weighed. It's not to heavy for the good nights sleep. I will get back to you with a weight break out.

Crocodile Ryan
City, State: Tempe, Az

Post by Crocodile Ryan » Jan 28 2009 3:09 pm

What are you getting to replace the hennessy??
An adventure is merely an inconvience rightly considered

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Jan 28 2009 3:22 pm

It's a surprise! :)

I actually have another Hennessy also. ;)

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Jan 30 2009 8:46 pm

Ok, I haven't weighed it yet. We are doing construction on our house right now, and I can't find my scale anywhere. I need to get this gone though. So how about $215 out the door? That's a SCREAMING deal!

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Feb 24 2009 10:37 am

Bump for $200. This is a TERRIFIC setup, good down into the 20's with a nice sleeping bag maybe lower if you bundle up.

Moodrets
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Moodrets » Feb 24 2009 4:38 pm

I'll consider this, though I want to shop around a bit more before I make any purchases. Maybe I can find something cheaper (especially used)...

A few questions though -- (looking at the Hennesy website) when you say "Hennessy Explorer Asym," do you mean the EXPLORER DELUXE A-SYM, which is currently out of stock, the EXPEDITION ASYM, or some old model that has been weaned out of production?

Also, in what condition is all the gear? How long have you had it, and how much have you used it? Is there any damage (ie rips, tears, etc.) or noticeable wear?

Lastly, how's the fly? I've heard some complaints on the stock fly, and it seems that many abandon it in favor of a different one. Does it provide adequate protection from the wind and rain and whatnot?

writelots
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by writelots » Feb 24 2009 5:27 pm

hmmmm....hammock system ready to fly? or hang, as it were? intrigued...
-----------------------------------
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.- Barack Obama

te_wa

Post by te_wa » Feb 24 2009 6:35 pm

writelots wrote:hmmmm....hammock system ready to fly? or hang, as it were? intrigued...
Joe, dont you dare blame me!
the squirrel is innocent!
(or is he?)

rushthezeppelin
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by rushthezeppelin » Feb 24 2009 7:23 pm

Moodrets wrote:
Lastly, how's the fly? I've heard some complaints on the stock fly, and it seems that many abandon it in favor of a different one. Does it provide adequate protection from the wind and rain and whatnot?
I have no experience with this fly but I do know some people can make it work pretty well. As long as you figure out how to pitch it right it should block rain/wind well. I think I've heard of somebody weathering out a hurricane on the AT with it. Still I would say I wouldn't go with it since it protects your hammock only and you can't really have a nice sheltered space to cook or lay your gear under the hammock. I prefer a bigger fly as do most people....just personal preference

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Feb 24 2009 7:54 pm

Ok more details it is!

This is a HH Explorer Deluxe. It is used, but it is in very good condition. NO problems at all, no tears, no rips, bug netting is PERFECT! This has a mod done to the ridge line so that you can unhook the side tie outs and sit in it like a sling chair...very comfy for cooking!

The fly is brand new, never used! I bought a custom made one that is a large rectangle. I only did this because I was going hiking in an area of the PCT that doesn't always have trees and I needed to make sure that I could go with a tarp tent and no hammock if needed. The fly seems to be fine to me, I set it up once in the backyard with the stock fly and it covers the entire hammock.

The custom made sleeping pad is pretty scratched up from the local plant life, but certainly not so bad that it's unusable or "on it's last leg". It's just fine, much better than most hikers sleeping pads around this forum! I have only slept in this setup about a dozen times, and never with the stock fly so it's new.

I don't know what else to say, it's a perfectly good hammock with a new fly, and a kick butt sleeping pad. Don't hold back, I feel bad for whoever comes in 2nd place on this deal!

Crocodile Ryan
City, State: Tempe, Az

Post by Crocodile Ryan » Feb 24 2009 8:06 pm

rushthezeppelin wrote:I have no experience with this fly but I do know some people can make it work pretty well. As long as you figure out how to pitch it right it should block rain/wind well. I think I've heard of somebody weathering out a hurricane on the AT with it. Still I would say I wouldn't go with it since it protects your hammock only and you can't really have a nice sheltered space to cook or lay your gear under the hammock. I prefer a bigger fly as do most people....just personal preference
Didnt know you were a hanger, what setup are you using?
An adventure is merely an inconvience rightly considered

Moodrets
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Moodrets » Feb 24 2009 8:22 pm

Hmmmm, ok then, I think I'll take it. How will we proceed from here on? Will I have to drive over to wherever you are for the exchange? If so, where would that be?

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Feb 24 2009 9:02 pm

Sweet. We have a couple choices actually. I am in Mesa, but I work on the west side of Phoenix, so I could bring it to you if you would like. I am super flexible. I will reply to your PM and we will hook up.

te_wa

Post by te_wa » Feb 24 2009 9:05 pm

congrats, Moodrets. Ive seen his (your) hammock and it is in great condition. Enjoy!

rushthezeppelin
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by rushthezeppelin » Feb 25 2009 7:30 pm

Crocodile Ryan wrote:
rushthezeppelin wrote:I have no experience with this fly but I do know some people can make it work pretty well. As long as you figure out how to pitch it right it should block rain/wind well. I think I've heard of somebody weathering out a hurricane on the AT with it. Still I would say I wouldn't go with it since it protects your hammock only and you can't really have a nice sheltered space to cook or lay your gear under the hammock. I prefer a bigger fly as do most people....just personal preference
Didnt know you were a hanger, what setup are you using?
Hehe, ya the squirrel got me into it. I'm using a Claytor Mosquito atm but as soon as I get a personal loan payed back to me I'm getting a Blackbird. Ohhh and Moodrets, welcome to hanging. I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy it. It's really nice to get the exact same nights sleep anywhere you camp and not worry about getting jabbed in the back or sliding off your pad because you didn't find a perfectly flat spot. You should come out on one of our "hang outs" soon : )

writelots
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by writelots » Feb 26 2009 10:29 am

Glad you two found each other... I've still got some learnin to do before I invest in a hammock set up. Looking forward to the research process, though - that's my fav!
-----------------------------------
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.- Barack Obama

Return to “For Sale”