Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Jim_H
Climate Windchime
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

2013 Subaru Junker/parts: Cash Only!

Post by Jim_H » Jun 23 2015 8:49 pm

My AZ vehicle registration is up in a few weeks, so I am making an attempt to sell my Subaru.

For Sale: 2013 Subaru Outback Green color, 31,750 miles, tires have about 20,000 miles, and the 30,000 mile work was recently performed. It is a 2.5i Premium trim line. Winterized package if you go to Flagstaff or the White Mountains.

Kelly Blue Book puts it's value at about $21,600.
Last edited by Jim_H on Aug 03 2015 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

chumley
Highway Artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: For Sale 2013 Subaru Outback

Post by chumley » Jun 23 2015 9:21 pm

I hope anybody interested doesnt know how the HAZ search function works! :lol:

Also. Registration is prorated and refunded if you sell your vehicle so renewal shouldn't be a reason to sell.
Highway to hell

Jim_H
Climate Windchime

Post by Jim_H » Jun 23 2015 9:36 pm

The initial tires were a problem and have been replaced, HAZ search or not. That is why the tires have about 20,000 miles on them, they are newer.

How does the state know you sell or trade in a a vehicle to refund the money? Renewal isn't the reason, but it makes a nice time.

chumley
Highway Artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Jun 23 2015 9:45 pm

You tell them: "I just spent $500 on registration and don't own the car anymore. I want my money back!"

For more information, you might want to visit this ungooglable site that I happen to know about.

https://servicearizona.com/contentFAQFo ... efund#3218
Highway to hell

Jim_H
Climate Windchime

Post by Jim_H » Jun 23 2015 9:49 pm

I still want to sell the car.

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 24 2015 6:57 am

Jim_H wrote:I still want to sell the car.
Sounds like a good reason to me...
CannondaleKid

JasonCleghorn
Pop Tart Warrior

Post by JasonCleghorn » Jun 24 2015 10:52 am

@joebartels I have an idea to raise money for the site. A chumley vs. Jim_H MMA brawl? Anyone in on the PPV?

I actually kind of hope that you two are secretly buddies and this is all good-natured ribbing. If not, you two are too old to be bickering.

LOL.
Follow me on Instagram: hikingjason
"It's not the mountains that we conquer, but ourselves"
"HAZ is not a meet-up group. Unless you're in the IN group, then its a meet-up group"

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 24 2015 11:00 am

Jason Cleghorn wrote:A chumley vs. Jim_H MMA brawl?
How about a demo derby, each with their own vehicle... hold it out in the middle of nowhere and Jim can lose on purpose then turn it in to his insurance as a stolen & trashed vehicle.
](*,)
Just remember, you DIDN'T get that idea from me...
CannondaleKid

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli

Post by CannondaleKid » Jun 24 2015 11:03 am

Jason Cleghorn wrote: If not, you two are too old to be bickering.
Huh?! Who are you calling OLD?
Those two are still young whipper-snappers compared to me, and I'm not old... yet
CannondaleKid

Jim_H
Climate Windchime

Post by Jim_H » Jun 24 2015 11:20 am

Hey, I try to keep any online bickering to a minimum.

te_wa
Squirrelock Holmes
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Post by te_wa » Jun 24 2015 3:04 pm

im not paying your redflex corruption ticket. i'll pass. sorry.
:D

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli

Post by JoelHazelton » Jun 26 2015 6:27 pm

Jim_H wrote:Hey, I try to keep any online bickering to a minimum.
@Jim_H
In the same way that Chumley tries to keep his online snark to a minimum? ;)
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

Alston_Neal
Tweet Boogie

Post by Alston_Neal » Jun 27 2015 10:14 am

@Joel Hazelton
Snarcasm is a healthy interweb outlet. It also saves you money because it helps release pent up frustration that can result in a fist coming down on one's keyboard. So I've heard.
In Japan they say only old people and crazy people hike mountains...........yep

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com

John9L
Dorsal Glacier Drifter
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by John9L » Aug 03 2015 9:38 am

The seller posted additional information on this vehicle that is worth sharing for anyone interested in buying this vehicle. Please pay specific attention to where he calls this car a Lemon.

viewtopic.php?p=110841#p110841
So, I get to take my Subaru back to a dealer to have yet another problem taken care of, maybe. The persistent rattling noise that comes from underneath of the car when the engine idles or I move at slower speeds. Usually when the engine is cool.

Tucson Subaru lied to me when they told me my rattling noise was a common issue that was originating in the spark plugs and the engineers were working on it. Corporate and Camelback Subaru denied any knowledge of such things. Why I was told this lie, with very specific details such as the spark plugs fire in such a way that they produce a rattling noise, is beyond me.

I still wish I never bought this Subaru Lemon, or any Subaru. Who would have thought my then 10 year old Honda with body damage and 175,000 miles would have been better than a new Outback. Obviously, I recommend ever buying a Subaru, but I know no one listens to such thing. In fact, most people seem to think their stupid Subaru is just great.

Jim_H
Climate Windchime

Re: 2013 Subaru Junker/parts: Cash Only!

Post by Jim_H » Aug 03 2015 9:49 am

Yeah, Subaru makes crap. If you don't know that, you haven't been in one. Anyone stupid enough to buy one, should be fully aware of how worthless they are.

And yeah, obviously, for the number of times I have had to deal with the long list of issue this car has had or still has, but yet purchased brand new with 5 or 6 miles on the odometer, my Outback is clearly a lemon. I'm just trying to get the obvious things fix so I can trade it in. I feel bad for the dumb sucker who buys it from the dealer, but better someone else, than me.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8889#p109928
So, since you jumped on my post from the other thread so fast and cross posted it here, even though this thread was obviously dead and no one was ever going to seriously consider buying my car, are you Todd's proxy now?

Tortoise_Hiker
Genuinepelli

Post by Tortoise_Hiker » Aug 03 2015 7:31 pm

I don't know much about cars buttttt. I had a Samurai that rattled about the same times your car does. it was the Catalytic Converter. Sometimes the heat shield can break a weld or in my case the honeycomb stuff in side gets brittle and breaks loose. Good luck with the car.
Last edited by Tortoise_Hiker on Aug 05 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tortoise Hiking. Stop and smell the Petrichor.

Alston_Neal
Tweet Boogie

Post by Alston_Neal » Aug 04 2015 4:35 pm

I tend to think that any internal combustion engine that has spark plugs that rattle is a *%&# piece of $#!|!
In Japan they say only old people and crazy people hike mountains...........yep

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com

Jim_H
Climate Windchime

Post by Jim_H » Aug 04 2015 8:28 pm

From what I have read online, Subarus have a long list of potential problem sources for rattles. It amazes me that people think these are high quality cars. They are not. No car I have ever had, has made as much noise as this one does, and has since before 7,500 miles and the first oil change. Maybe it is a loose heat shield, maybe not. Could be other things, too. It always gets my goat, that I traded a free car with fewer problems than this car, for this car, and now I pay for it, yet hardly ever use the supposed off road capabilities. It's a glorified station wagon that handles poorly and is anything but fun to drive; cumbersome, slow, jerky and on and on. I never should have bought it, and I haven't been happy or satisfied with the piece of junk 2013 Subaru Outback since I got it up to 70 MPH on I-25 that first night while leaving Albuquerque.

My previous car, the 2003 Honda Civic, required nothing but gas, 2 oil changes, and tire rotations by this point in the game. I never had any rattles, it ran smooth, it didn't shake, vibrate, or anything. It ran, flawlessly and handled pretty good. It really disgusts me that I went for a Subaru. I have nothing but negative descriptors for them and their crappy cars and I find the positive feelings their irritating loyal followers have for them to be just short of a religious converts. The way some Subaru people talk about their cars and have sick loyalty about them reminds me of a cult, or people obsessed with Jesus.

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 05 2015 5:39 am

So, Jim, stop being obsessed with how bad it is and trade it in! Sounds to me like a 10-year-old Honda Civic, which would cost practically nothing by comparison, would be better than this thing, and you'd have no car payment: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search/ct ... onda+civic
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Jim_H
Climate Windchime

Post by Jim_H » Aug 05 2015 7:44 am

It is almost not the money, and really the principle. However, you know I plan to trade this thing in. Plus, I really, really, really find the people who love Subaru to be very annoying. Angering, really. The stupid badges the company sells that people actually buy and put on their cars, the magazine with yoga articles, the clothing! Why do people buy this junk? It's a car! Those people are not drivers, they're cult members.

https://www.badgeofownership.com/

That has got to be the dumbest thing for a car I have seen.

Return to “For Sale”