City, State: Tucson, AZ

Milk shirts

Post by Pivo » Aug 08 2019 5:56 am

Tough_Boots
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Milk shirts

Post by Tough_Boots » Aug 08 2019 12:15 pm

@Pivo
A new complicated process to create a $60 t-shirt. Great job, industry.
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

LindaAnn
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Post by LindaAnn » Aug 08 2019 2:00 pm

Seems like a weird process to make shirts. I don’t know how regular shirts are made, but sulfuric acid? It just seems like clothing made of natural materials is so much easier. And, will vegans even wear them since they are made with milk?

Kind of reminds me of the new thing now of making clothing embedded with silver nanoparticles to inhibit bacteria and odor. I’ve read that after two washings, up to 50% of the silver washes out of the garment. Which may be a blessing in disguise, since you probably wouldn’t want your skin absorbing all that metal anyway.

rcorfman
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rcorfman » Aug 08 2019 3:40 pm

Additionallly, thanks to micro-pockets in the material, the shirt reportedly traps odors...
Makes my blood curdle.

Personally, I don't cry over spilt milk.
Go find a LonelyCache

CannondaleKid
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Aug 08 2019 4:07 pm

rcorfman wrote:Makes my blood curdle.
Personally, I don't cry over spilt milk.
I've only experienced curdled milk, not blood.
However, on the numerous occasions I spilled blood I have yet to cry.

While I may have uttered a cross word or two, looking back on it I can recall a number of times when I spilled blood my only reaction was, huh... and I pondered the following:
1. Can a Band-Aid handle it? If so, fine, I'll get one when I finish whatever I was doing.
2. If not #1 but will NOT require stitches, just wrap a rag around the wound and finish the task.
3. If it WILL require stitches, I'll finish my task faster then figure out where the nearest ER is.
Hmmm, 3-for-3... #3 has occurred three times.
(For the curious/morbid, 7 stitches on the top of the skull as a result of an outboard motor prop incident took top honors.)
Last edited by CannondaleKid on Aug 08 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CannondaleKid

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 08 2019 5:11 pm

CannondaleKid wrote:7 stitches on the top of the skull as a result of an outboard motor prop incident took top honors.
Let me guess: Darwin Award?
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

CannondaleKid
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Aug 08 2019 8:59 pm

azbackpackr wrote:Let me guess: Darwin Award?
Not really...
Fair warning... you might want to a cup of coffee (or cold beer) before you read this.

When I worked at a gas station a guy shows up late Friday afternoon on a Memorial Day Weekend and needs his boat trailer wiring fixed (yup, he left it 'til the last minute) so as I'm doing just that, he's so eager to hit-the-road to his favorite lake he's almost in-my-face trying to get me to hurry up.

So... just as I'm stripping the last wire in preparation to reconnect it, the guy bumps into the 100 horse outboard motor and because he had FAILED to lock it correctly in the up position, the motor dropped down and the prop hit my head.
](*,)
Whack! While it didn't knock me out, instantly I had a warm feeling on both sides just ahead of my ears, and when I wiped a hand against my face it comes back full of blood. Ok, it's blood, but I still need to finish the job!

As I somewhat calmly begin to reconnect the last wire the guy is freaking out, yelling "There's blood gushing out of your head!" and then HE faints! Thankfully his buddy deals him as I finish crimping the wire and head into the shop to deal with the by-now significant amount of blood. I grabbed a towel, soaked it in cold water, wrapped it around my head and tied it as much like a turban as I could, told the boss I finished the re-wire and I'm going to the hospital.

Then I drove 5 miles to the hospital, parked on the sidewalk outside the ER door (no time for the parking ramp) and calmly walked up to the triage nurse to tell her my problem. By now the towel is completely soaked in blood so she said "we'll get your information later" then whisked me right into a cubicle and within a minute a doctor was already unwrapping the towel and a few minutes later I had a seven "lucky" stitches. A bit of paperwork later and I'm on the way home with a heart-throbbing headache. (No, they didn't ticket me for illegal parking... small joy)

So when I get home my wife (now ex) gives me the third degree over "Why didn't you call me and tell me you'll be late".
Good grief! (of course that was back in the dark ages LONG before cell phones)
CannondaleKid

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 09 2019 6:19 am

@CannondaleKid
Haha! Great story!
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Return to “Clothing”