Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
chumley
budding artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Non-cotton active sports shirts

Post by chumley » Feb 28 2013 6:14 pm

Different manufacturers have different names for their sports shirts. Most use similar technology to wick away moisture while still breathing well. They are often expensive, and once they've been used a few times, the stink will never wash out.

Which is why I'm posting that Old Navy has their own brand called Active something or another, and the shirts are normally $13, but currently on sale for $9.

For $9, why not get a few and just plan on getting rid of them when they get too ripe?

They come in an array of colors, including electric Bob. (http://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=257068)

I have no affiliation with Old Navy nor the 8-year old Malaysian girls who make their clothes. Just thought I'd mention it cause I thought it was a good deal.
smoke it

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Non-cotton active sports shirts

Post by azbackpackr » Sep 04 2015 4:57 pm

I did but can't find the shorts on the website, but I did find them on Amazon. I wonder if it's not the same company. Is the logo on the shorts the same as the logo on the website?
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

RowdyandMe
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Sep 04 2015 5:08 pm

@azbackpackr
Yes it is the same logo. I really like the shorts and zippers are better than Velcro.
Rowdy and Widowmaker

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Sep 04 2015 5:31 pm

Cool!
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

The_Eagle
The Bunyan Blind Raptor
City, State: Far NE Phoenix, Az

Post by The_Eagle » Sep 04 2015 8:49 pm

@Widowmaker
I chuckle everytime eye see shorts advertise with a SPF rating... I meen reelly.....
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Dave Barry

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Sep 04 2015 9:38 pm

The Eagle wrote:@Widowmaker
I chuckle everytime eye see shorts advertise with a SPF rating... I meen reelly.....
I withhold laughter as long as the number is high enough to ensure poor visibility.

ALMAL
Huck Finn Kokopelli
City, State: GILBERT

Post by ALMAL » Sep 08 2015 9:11 am

Thanks Chumley for the Old Navy tip, I picked up 3 short sleeve and one long sleeve over the weekend.
Not saying I have the same problem with stench not washing out, maybe time to wash your "pack and shoulder straps"...
You aren't late if you don't show up!

chumley
budding artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Sep 08 2015 10:04 am

So in the exact opposite direction of Old Navy, I was recently gifted a Patagucci shirt that has performed amazingly well. While super-thin, it's made of merino wool rather than some poly blend. After days of use, it doesn't hold my stink either. Even before washing it! :y:

Now if only it didn't cost $70. :o
](*,)
smoke it

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Sep 08 2015 11:05 am

chumley wrote:After days of use, it doesn't hold my stink either. Even before washing it!
Aw heck, who worries about 'my stink' anymore?
After wearing the same clothes for three weeks in Tanzania I was just beginning to smell like the local folk... another week and I may have been just ripe enough to fit in.
:o

P.S. I did change underwear at least a few times during the three weeks... :whistle:
CannondaleKid

SpiderLegs
Former Brand Emphasizer
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by SpiderLegs » Sep 10 2015 7:05 am

I miss living in Boise and having the Sierra Trading Post outlet store down the street from my house. Great place to stock up on cheap outdoor clothing.
See my pics on Instagram @tucsonexplorer

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Sep 10 2015 10:56 am

SpiderLegs wrote:I miss living in Boise and having the Sierra Trading Post outlet store down the street from my house. Great place to stock up on cheap outdoor clothing.
I stopped by there in July. It was nice, but I would have liked it better if the store had more of the dress clothes they sell online. I did get an excellent pair of pants for $10.

SpiderLegs
Former Brand Emphasizer
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by SpiderLegs » Sep 10 2015 11:18 am

big_load wrote:
SpiderLegs wrote:I miss living in Boise and having the Sierra Trading Post outlet store down the street from my house. Great place to stock up on cheap outdoor clothing.
I stopped by there in July. It was nice, but I would have liked it better if the store had more of the dress clothes they sell online. I did get an excellent pair of pants for $10.
It's an outlet store, so hit and miss on what they have. Some weeks they have lots of dress clothes.
See my pics on Instagram @tucsonexplorer

Return to “Clothing”