Apparel, sunglasses & umbrellas

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
beterarcher
City, State: phoenix, az

Endura Cool towels!!!

Post by beterarcher » Jun 02 2013 6:52 pm

these things are literally COOLER than sliced bread! They have towels, hoodies, sleeves, skullcaps, helmet liners, etc. I got the 13x37" towel and I really like it. :y: It works much better than those bandanas with the moist gel sewn into them. I'm thinking of getting the headgear one because it covers your face too.

http://www.missionathletecare.com/produ ... owel-large
Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
Anthony Bourdain

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Endura Cool towels!!!

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 02 2013 6:58 pm

beterarcher wrote:these things are literally COOLER than sliced bread! They have towels, hoodies, sleeves, skullcaps, helmet liners, etc. I got the 13x37" towel and I really like it. :y: It works much better than those bandanas with the moist gel sewn into them. I'm thinking of getting the headgear one because it covers your face too.

http://www.missionathletecare.com/produ ... owel-large
Look like nice products. On the other hand, you could move to Flagstaff or Pinetop! ;)
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

beterarcher

Post by beterarcher » Jun 02 2013 7:24 pm

azbackpackr wrote: you could move to Flagstaff or Pinetop!
I am thinking of moving to Cottonwood or somewhere thereabouts. Flagstaff and Pinetop are way too cold and snowy for me.
Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
Anthony Bourdain

azbackpackr

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 02 2013 7:28 pm

I've been looking at Cottonwood and Camp Verde for RV space for rent. I want to buy a motorhome and live in it.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians

beterarcher

Post by beterarcher » Jun 02 2013 7:45 pm

@azbackpackr
The prices on property look pretty good around there.
Anthony Bourdain

azbackpackr

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 02 2013 7:51 pm

That surprises me. It seems like a desirable area in many ways. It's hot in summer, though. But it has a river running through it, and a lot of other nice features. I don't want to own any property ever again unless I own it free and clear, though.

no avatar
sam_hikes
City, State: Phoenix,AZ

Post by sam_hikes » Jun 02 2013 8:26 pm

NWS reported a high temp there of 100F today so it get hot vs 75F today at Greer.

beterarcher

Post by beterarcher » Jun 02 2013 9:09 pm

@azbackpackr
@sam_hikes
100* is better than 108* and it rains more in the Verde Valley.
Anthony Bourdain

cactuscat
City, State: Safford

Post by cactuscat » Jun 02 2013 11:25 pm

Haz anyone tried the new Columbia cooling technology? OmniFreeze, I think it's called ... I love the OmniHeat line, so I am curious about this.
Where is the "dislike" button?

beterarcher

Post by beterarcher » Jun 03 2013 7:21 am

@cactuscat
Those look cool too but Endura Cool stuff uses water not sweat so it cools sooner. Maybe a combo of both is in order.
Anthony Bourdain

satillayakker
City, State: Satilla River Basin, GA

Post by satillayakker » Jun 03 2013 8:36 am

I have used a hat by Columbia with Omnifreeze. It seems to work well, but that is in my area with relative humidity usually well above 85%. I don't know if that plays a role or not. It seems to tranfer heat well, atleast in that particular piece of headgear.
I haven't tried the Eundura Cool yet, but I will. Lowes sells it here. It has apparently become popular with roofers and general builders, I hear.

Return to “Clothing”