Linked Areas none
no avatar
Tashedelek
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Name Those Pants!

Post by Tashedelek » Jun 30 2013 8:51 pm

I need your help.

A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I were up at the Grand Canyon. We where hiking when she suddenly grabbed my arm and said, "those are the hiking pants I want," and pointed to a guy who was wearing gray hiking pants with a dark blue seat patch and dark blue knee patches. I told her that the pants might be a soft shell kind, but she, in her infinite clothing wisdom, said that they weren't. I said I thought they might be made by North Face and that we should be able to find them on line when we got home.

Well, it's been almost two weeks and we haven't been able to find them on line or anywhere else, and my girlfriend is still fired up trying to get a pair of these "perfect" pants. So I told her I'd ask on Hike Arizona to see if anyone might know the pants in question.

Any ideas, definite or vague, would be appreciated.

Thanks...

oceanwithin
Kellipelli
City, State: AZ

Re: Name Those Pants!

Post by oceanwithin » Jun 30 2013 9:08 pm

Search for hiking pants with reinforced knees.

Kinda like this? http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web05-06/ms ... yeur-pants

no avatar
Tashedelek
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by Tashedelek » Jun 30 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks for your reply. I think the Mammuts are heavier than what my gf is talking about. After I posted my question I got manic about the issue and did a search on Google images for "north face hiking pants" and just went through the images until I found the North Face OSP pants, which I think are pretty close to what my gf is after (I vaguely remembered the guy having the drawstring cuffs cinched up, and the OSP's have drawstring cuffs). Here's a page of images of them, http://bit.ly/16J8wpj. Problem is that they don't seem to be available in the US or Canada. I think I'll email North Face about the OSP's to see if they're available here, or perhaps available under a different name.

xthine
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Sedona, AZ

Post by xthine » Aug 02 2016 8:35 am

In case anyone else is looking...

It might be rock/climbing pants. Arcteryx has a few I think that meets the description.

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 02 2016 9:01 am

My favorite pants, first of all, absolutely must be shorts. :) I buy convertible pants, and almost never attach the legs to them, so that once the shorts are completely worn out, the legs are still almost new.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

MtnBart01
Chipita Whirlybird
City, State: Chipita Park, Co

Post by MtnBart01 » Aug 02 2016 7:57 pm

@azbackpackr That's why I wash the legs with the pants every time so they wear even.
LET IT SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let it Snow!

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Aug 02 2016 8:12 pm

I hiked in shorts two of the days I was in Colorado. I got sunburn on the back of my lower legs. I haven't had sunburn like that in 30 years. I'm sticking with long pants.

MtnBart01
Chipita Whirlybird
City, State: Chipita Park, Co

Post by MtnBart01 » Aug 02 2016 8:18 pm

@big_load
That's crazy the Pikes Peak loop I did I got my first burn on my back of my legs. Miserable for two weeks of work and they ate finally just peeling 3 weeks later.
LET IT SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let it Snow!

azbackpackr
River Paddler

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 02 2016 9:34 pm

"Skorts" and shorts and sandals, year round, to my job and to play. Shoes for hiking and biking, but not for work. I haven't had on a pair of slacks or jeans in at least 5 months.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians

chumley
Norwegian Kokopelli
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Aug 02 2016 10:45 pm

And I thought that I was the only one who could hijack a thread and turn it into something totally unrelated in less than three posts! Nice work fellow hazzers! Nice work! :worthy:

:lol:
Ja vi elsker dette landet

azbackpackr
River Paddler

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 03 2016 5:13 am

@chumley
Well, what the heck? May as well have our usual chat. It's just us OCD types on here, since the OP has not reappeared. (And in this case, I don't think we chased him away! ;) )

Return to “Clothing”