Apparel, sunglasses & umbrellas

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
AZLumberjack
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ.

Compression Sleeves

Post by AZLumberjack » Aug 08 2014 5:30 am

Has anyone else tried this or similar products?

http://www.tommiecopper.com/?utm_source ... aQodZDkAsA

I saw this item advertised and purchased a couple of them for my arthritic knees. In the past I have tried the bulky stretch products with Velcro straps that can be purchased at local pharmacies but they're too uncomfortable for aggressive hiking as they get wet from sweat, bunch up behind the knee and on my skinny knees they slip down.

The Tommie Copper is very thin and stretches to put an even pressure on the entire joint, wicks moisture away from the surface and, even on my skinny legs, doesn't slip down :) They cost around $20 each but get cheaper if you purchase two or more. Recently I'm seeing another brand advertised on the TV but shy away from those adds that say "But wait, We'll throw in a second one for........."

So far, results have been impressive but I'm just wearing it around the home for yard work and not for hiking in the Superstitions.....Can't wait to try em out.
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Compression Sleeves

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 08 2014 5:40 am

Sounds good. I have used a neoprene knee brace in the past, and may have to again sometime. Yes, they slip down, etc. This looks much more comfortable.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Aug 08 2014 7:46 am

@mnlumberjack
So where do you buy those in Phoenix? I am using copper wear ankle compression brace. It is really hard for me to say how well the work. So days they work great other not so great. I guess it just depends on my ankle at the time.
Rowdy and Widowmaker

AZLumberjack

Post by AZLumberjack » Aug 08 2014 10:00 am

@Widowmaker
We ordered them online from their website. Don't know how they would work on your ankle...
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Aug 08 2014 10:05 am

@mnlumberjack
you might check out Walmart. I bought my copper wear there for $9.88 + tax. Online they were $26.99 + $6.99 shipping and handling.
Rowdy and Widowmaker

AZLumberjack

Post by AZLumberjack » Aug 08 2014 2:16 pm

@Widowmaker Same manufacturer Larry? There's some knockoffs out there that are less expensive.....probably Chinese in origin :scared: and wouldn't stay in place on my skinny knees :)

Return to “Clothing”