Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
cactuscat
Zion Dreamer
City, State: Safford

deFUNKit

Post by cactuscat » Jan 19 2017 8:41 am

I received a packet of defunkit in this month's Cairn Box (which I love, btw) ... and was excited to try it out.
Took my four stinkiest synthetic base layer shirts and followed the directions - 3 steps, one hour soak in the sink. The results were nothing short of miraculous! The smell is gone without a trace, even on shirts that are several years old.
Next we will see if the promise to repel future odors is good too ... so far I highly recommend this product!
Where is the "dislike" button?

chumley
budding artist
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: deFUNKit

Post by chumley » Jan 19 2017 9:11 am

cactuscat wrote:Next we will see if the promise to repel future odors is good too
Please keep us posted!

joebartels
teva joe
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Jan 19 2017 9:23 am

contains Sodium Chloride, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Metasilicate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Percarbonate, Enzyme Blend and very slight scent
I'm guessing this isn't bleach, salt or something people typically have in the house?
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

xthine
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Sedona, AZ

Post by xthine » Jan 19 2017 1:42 pm

Bought the small packet a few months ago and have not tried it yet. Last summer I was only using regular detergent for my clothes (cotton/polyblend) it was not working at getting the smell out at all. I've switched to technical shirts with odor treatment (PURE and Polygiene) and Nathan Sports wash, so I have not needed to use deFUNK it.

Curious to see if deFUNK it will indeed prevent odor for months at a time. Keep us posted :)

cactuscat
Zion Dreamer
City, State: Safford

Post by cactuscat » Mar 16 2017 10:10 pm

After some longer term testing, I am still very happy with the results - the treatment does indeed help keep odor from returning.
Where is the "dislike" button?

Return to “Clothing”