Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
no avatar
trailwanderer
Exploring Kokopelli

Beware: Wolf Mtn Gear trying to operate under new name

Post by trailwanderer » Jan 22 2018 3:19 am

Shannon Sanborn (aka Shane Sanborn), owner of Wolf Mtn Gear, evidently tried to start selling under Litefoot Outdoor Gear. I personally know (from various FB groups) over 20 people who sent him money for gear many months ago (some going back to August)....and the gear never arrived, although they claim he did send them fake tracking numbers. Some have even filed complaints with the Pennsylvania and Maryland State Attorney General's Office (he has used 5 different addresses in 2 states). Shannon has never paid me the money he owes me, and I thought it prudent to warn people, since there was another post on here about him and he is evidently still taking money.

As you can see from the image, he calls the page Litefoot Outdoor Gear, but the page name, (and the logo) is Wolf Mtn Gear.
lightfoot-outdoor-gear-snapshot.gif

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Re: Beware: Wolf Mtn Gear trying to operate under new name

Post by azbackpackr » Jan 22 2018 3:37 am

@trailwanderer
This has been a concern in a women's backpacking group I belong to, where several people have reported not receiving gear they ordered, and no refunds were forthcoming. Several people in the group live near the guy and knew him as well. This has been an ongoing concern with that group, with new reports cropping up from time to time.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

no avatar
trailwanderer
Exploring Kokopelli

Re: Beware: Wolf Mtn Gear trying to operate under new name

Post by trailwanderer » Jan 22 2018 3:46 am

@azbackpackr
Unfortunately, there is a long line of people, including suppliers. He has blocked most of them, (including me) from seeing his FB page now, but the 35 1-star reviews give the same story over and over. That is why he took down the Litefoot Outdoor Gear page. They were all giving him bad reviews. Just a matter of time before he tries to use yet another company name.

Return to “Shelter, Bags & Camp”