Tents, tarps, sleeping bags & general campsite gear

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Dirt4dinner
City, State: Mesa, AZ

My first hammock!

Post by Dirt4dinner » Feb 19 2008 2:32 pm

I just got my new Hennessy Hammock (well I bought it used, but new to me!) in the mail today. I set it up within 5 minutes using my patio pillars as makeshift trees. It works very well, super comfortable and I can't wait for my first night in it. Heck...I might sleep out there on the patio tonight :)
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
*****Dirt4Dinner***** - I like anything fast enough to do something stupid on.

Moodrets
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: My first hammock!

Post by Moodrets » Feb 23 2009 8:31 pm

So, I too am in the market for a hammock for backpacking, though I'm operating on a rather stringent budget and so can't quite afford to splurge on anything fancy. Currently I'm looking to buy (as the main hammock) a mosquito hammock, either their expedition or mosquito models. I had intended to buy the Hennesy EXPEDITION ASYM in order to take advantage of their winter sale, but it tells me that the max height for those is 180 cm (and currently I'm 185 and still growing), so I imagine that I won't exactly fit -- can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone have news of any particular "good" deals on hammocks right now?

te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Post by te_wa » Feb 23 2009 9:50 pm

what is your height?
the claytor mosquito is 4x8 and fits a guy about 5'10". any taller and they may get constrictive...
:D

Moodrets
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Moodrets » Feb 24 2009 6:46 am

Somewhere around 185-188, I think. The 185 figure is from long, long ago, and I think I've gotten slightly taller since then. Both the claytor hammocks that I mentioned say that they are "Comfortable for a person up to 6' 5" and 250 pounds," so those will undoubtedly fit, it seems...

Crocodile Ryan
City, State: Tempe, Az

Post by Crocodile Ryan » Feb 24 2009 7:46 am

I dunno I'd trust Tewa on this one vs the specs from Claytor - manufacturers have a way of overestimating their product, and Tewa KNOWS hammocks
An adventure is merely an inconvience rightly considered

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Feb 24 2009 10:41 am

I have the hennessy setup for sale in the "for sale" section. I am a tad over 6', so same height as you, and there is room to spare. You won't get a more complete setup for a better deal than what I am getting rid of my hennessy for. $200 for a complete 4-season setup with a custom built pad that is super comfy!

te_wa
City, State: 221b Baker St.

Post by te_wa » Feb 24 2009 10:42 am

:D

Dirt4dinner

Post by Dirt4dinner » Feb 24 2009 10:53 am

Crocodile Ryan wrote:I dunno I'd trust Tewa on this one vs the specs from Claytor - manufacturers have a way of overestimating their product, and Tewa KNOWS hammocks
I heard from a wise man that "Tewa" is Indian for "Hammock with Legs".....or "Hammock on the mind 24/7". I can't recall which one....

Return to “Shelter, Bags & Camp”