Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
PaleoRob
Culture Kokopelli
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Woo hoo!

Post by PaleoRob » Jun 16 2010 2:16 pm

Now, I am usually not a winner (at least when it comes to contests). But for fun and giggles I became a Fan of Eureka! on Facebook. A little while later I saw a post where they said "Just post to this status to be entered to win a new sleeping bag." Well, I figured, why not. So I did. I honestly didn't expect much, but I got a PM a few weeks later (after having forgotten about the whole thing) saying I was the winner! I was pretty excited, but still skeptical. I gave them my P.O. Box and again figured nothing would actually come from it. But surprise surprise I checked the mail today and there it was! It is a brand new Eureka! Kotey 35 degree bag. Pack weight is 2lbs 1oz. I'm excited to try out the bag - I think I'll be bringing it out to Chaco. Woo hoo!
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon

Jeffshadows
Dirty Pooch Harry
City, State: Old Pueblo

Re: Woo hoo!

Post by Jeffshadows » Jun 16 2010 2:28 pm

Sweet!
AD-AVGVSTA-PER-ANGVSTA

writelots
Wendipelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by writelots » Jun 16 2010 2:30 pm

:y: Nothing is better than FREE GEAR! Seriously!
-----------------------------------
It troubles me that these days no matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up
- Lilly Tomlin

PaleoRob
Culture Kokopelli
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob » Jun 16 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah. This is probably the first decent piece of free gear I've gotten in a while - probably that 120 foot rope I found in a canyon in Utah was the last decent prize, and that was used too. This is brand new.
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Jun 16 2010 3:46 pm

Congratulations! I would have been cheering just about the trip, but new gear is nice and free new gear is even nicer.

Return to “Shelter, Bags & Camp”