Hiking vehicles

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
rally_toad
City, State: CA

Hiking vehicles

Post by rally_toad »

What kind of vehicles do you guys all drive when your going hiking? Im thinking about investing in a 4wd high clearance Jeep or something of the sort so I could get to some places where I definitely couldnt get to with what Im driving now (73 mustang):) I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee today for $2600 and I was thinking about checking it out. What "hiking vehicle" is easiest to drive and which gets the best gas mileage (even though I know most wouldnt be too fuel efficient.)
"Who are you guys??!!" -Farnsworth
garyc57
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Re: Hiking vehicles

Post by garyc57 »

LosDosSloFolks wrote:How did this Toyota not tip over?
It was nip-and-tuck for a bit there. Lizzy had a ton of courage to climb into that cab! My family have enjoyed all of Matt's videos. Good clean fun!
big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Re: Hiking vehicles

Post by big_load »

My last rental was a 2020 4Runner. I didn't do anything challenging with it, but I did switch into 4WD for the last little bit of some rough roads. I liked its volume for carrying stuff, but the overall size seems a bit large for going off-road. On-road, the mileage was unimpressive at best. Handling on curves wasn't great, and I wish the turning radius was tighter, but it was OK for a vehicle that long.

Return to “Auto, Bike, Boat, Kayak, etc...”