Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
kylemorgan
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Raleigh, NC

4 wheel drivin'

Post by kylemorgan » Jan 27 2007 12:37 pm

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I'm getting ready to do some pretty heavy modification to my Jeep Cherokee. She's getting a bit tired so her 4.0 liter I6 is getting traded out for a Tuned Port Chevrolet 350 V8, new transmission, and tons of fun. The project is going to take me about a month or 2 but should garner some nice results.
"Efficiency is for robots....be effective." Mike Rowe

Grasshopper
Detailapelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: 4 wheel drivin'

Post by Grasshopper » Aug 26 2011 11:36 pm

nimrag wrote: But, compared to the road to the ovens, the waterfall was nothing.
:sweat: :lol: :sweat:

So true and even more so if that same route down is attempted coming back up.
My 2/5 GPS track going down to the ovens (starting at Hwy 60/Mineral Mtn Rd)--> http://hikearizona.com/map.php?GPS=10066
(On this Sat-2/5/11 two of us successfully 4WD this route going down to the ovens, but managed to total-out our vehicle later that afternoon attempting a stupid high water crossing of the Gila River)..
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

nimrag
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: phoenix

Post by nimrag » Aug 27 2011 8:07 am

We took the same road out, and didnt try to cross the Gila. Although, it did look pretty low that day.

I spotted 5 big horn sheep on the way to the kilns. To me, that was the highlight of the trip.
Attachments
Big_Horn_Sheep_1.jpg

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by CannondaleKid » Aug 27 2011 8:27 am

PLC92084 wrote:Man... If that's got the stock suspension, your back (and backside) must have been toast!!
Thankfully I have Old-Man EMU springs and shocks all around, which makes a great balance between soft ride yet no bottoming out. Also I run only about 15 lbs of air in the tires.

Still, I guess I should be surprised that I don't notice the hits since it has the original seats and the driver's in particular is completely shot, almost all the foam is gone. I've been looking for suitable replacements but trying to find seats that narrow has been a chore. Plus, I am NOT spending $500-1000 each on aftermarket, no matter how good they are. So I'm still looking.
CannondaleKid

Return to “Auto, Bike, Boat, Kayak, etc...”