Fly Rod Sale at Cabelas

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
ALMAL
City, State: GILBERT

Fly Rod Sale at Cabelas

Post by ALMAL » Jun 25 2015 4:08 pm

For anyone needing a new backpack fly rod you should check Cabelas. Their 4th of July sale just started and I found today a 7'6" (3 piece rod) and an 8' (4 piece rod) for $29.99 and $39.99 respectively. This is almost half price.
I bought both since I recently broke my 4 piece pack fly rod on a 7 lb brown trout in Horton creek.
OK, I did break it there, but the trout was very small... The tree was very large.
These are the Cabelas house brand but certainly a bargain for the price, and perfect for Arizona streams in a 4 weight model. :y:
You aren't late if you don't show up!

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Fly Rod Sale at Cabelas

Post by outdoor_lover » Jun 25 2015 11:16 pm

Ok...You had me for a second.....Maybe a 7 lb Trout in the Colorado, but Horton??? :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Fly Rod Sale at Cabelas

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 26 2015 6:04 am

I keep thinking I'll take up fishing. Maybe if I move to Lake Powell next year. Yes, I'm thinking about that (a couple of job possibilities.)
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Return to “Gear”