Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
BurnEm
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Globe, AZ

What Do You Wear On Your Feet?

Post by BurnEm » May 09 2010 7:46 am

Hi all, i was wondering what kind of footwear everyone prefers for hiking? Any recommended brands of hiking boots? I ask because my boots aren'y doing the trick. I have a pair of Wolverine hiking boots, and they seem allright if i keep the hike under 5 or 6 miles. But if i go on say a 10 or 12 mile hike, my feet get thrashed. Usually end up with 2 - 6 blisters on each foot, and can barely walk at all for the next day. My last hike i tried buying a decent pair of gel insoles to put in them but that didn't seem to help at all. Not to mention the boots seem kind of low cut for my preferance so i end up twisting my ankles alot while hiking on rocks, and if i go off trail they end up filled with burrs and other plant materal that stab my ankles constantly. It gets quite obnoxious having to pull all the burrs and things off my socks or completely remove my boots to clean them out every 10 minutes or so. So i need some suggestions of a good pair of hiking boots, something that laces tight at the very top. And preferably comfortable too. Thanks...
"Hiking Is Just Walking Where You Can Pee..."(Demetri Martin)

Jeffshadows
Dirty Pooch Harry
City, State: Old Pueblo

Re: What Do You Wear On Your Feet?

Post by Jeffshadows » Sep 03 2010 2:20 pm

azbackpackr wrote:When I was about 18 I went on my first backpacking trip. Yeah, there were dinosaurs and stuff like that.
Was Palin there too, then? :sl:
AD-AVGVSTA-PER-ANGVSTA

Jim_H
Climate Windchime
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Sep 03 2010 2:51 pm

jeffmacewen wrote:
azbackpackr wrote:When I was about 18 I went on my first backpacking trip. Yeah, there were dinosaurs and stuff like that.
Was Palin there too, then? :sl:
Do I hear something about tea?
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Sep 03 2010 5:22 pm

jeffmacewen wrote:Was Palin there too, then? :sl:
No, but Moses was there. Sarah is 10 years younger than I am, so she missed that.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Return to “Footwear & Trekking Poles”