Shoes

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
CindyC
Exploring Kokopelli

Shoes

Post by CindyC » Aug 23 2002 8:39 pm

Awhile back there was a topic where someone was inquiring about shoes. Well I am in the market for a new pair and I remember many suggestions on a New Balance trail runner. Does anyone recall the shoe I am talking about? If not, any suggestions? Thanks.
'Achievement lies within the reach of those who reach beyond themselves'

azdesertfather
Peacopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Shoes

Post by azdesertfather » Apr 04 2009 9:49 am

good idea. i'll start one.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." — Henry David Thoreau

dysfunction
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by dysfunction » Apr 04 2009 9:03 pm

azbackpackr wrote:I get frustrated when people advise types of shoes to wear, because for me the challenge is finding a pair that fits.

Yep, I have a high volume forefoot, average sized heel and a high arch.. oh and I supinate.. Yea, fitting shoes/boots is a nightmare for me too.
mike

"Solvitur ambulando" or maybe by brewers.

azdesertfather
Peacopelli

Post by azdesertfather » Apr 04 2009 9:29 pm

azbackpackr wrote:I get frustrated when people advise types of shoes to wear, because for me the challenge is finding a pair that fits.
Sorry azbackpackr, didn't mean to frustrate. Not all shoes work for everybody. But if you're like me, I've tried more than enough crappy shoes out, that look good but after 50 miles or less of hiking they're already starting to fall apart. Hopefully the list on the new thread viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3950 will give people a starting point to work from of ones that are put together well.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." — Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Footwear & Trekking Poles”