Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Jenna Palomino
City, State: Chandler, Arizona

Hiking Boots

Post by Jenna Palomino » Mar 09 2011 9:24 pm

:wrt:
hmm...
I need suggestions on good Hiking boots that will last me awhile, yet are comfortable and light weight. ???????? :scared:

The_Eagle
City, State: Far NE Phoenix, Az

Re: Hiking Boots

Post by The_Eagle » May 01 2015 1:25 pm

@CannondaleKid
Shoe Goo is another option. I believe I got mine while taking my latest pictures of Wal-martians.
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Dave Barry

friendofThundergod
City, State: AZ

Post by friendofThundergod » May 01 2015 1:56 pm

@CannondaleKid
Try boating stores, or outdoor stores that sell boats etc, if you like paying double REI has it as well ;)

The_Dude
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by The_Dude » May 01 2015 2:16 pm

I am a honk for Keen shoes through and through. I am cursed/ blessed with wide, hobbit-like feet and this brand seems custom made to accommodate as such. I have burned through 4 different pairs, and even some of their hiking sandals which I reserve for canyoneering and the like. I have had a few different models, I usually get about 250-300 miles out of each pair. I tend to do mostly low desert and rocky hikes that are pretty hard on the soles. I rarely get blisters, even on 13+ mile hikes. Wool socks of course!

trekkin_gecko
City, State: phoenix, az

Post by trekkin_gecko » May 01 2015 2:18 pm

@The Dude
hobbitpelli?

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Jan 14 2016 1:18 pm

YES! Altra trail running shoe company has listened to hikers and is coming out with a new model with what looks like better traction. I just hope the fit is the same, because for me, it's been the only shoe that has worked for a long time. Fastest unsupported time on the AT, Heather Anderson, wore Altras. I'm not trying to be the fastest, just needed shoes that didn't hurt my feet. I remember a couple of years ago some of you were telling me to see a podiatrist or neurologist due to the foot pain. Not bad advice, I guess, but all along it was because I couldn't find a proper fit.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... -Mid-Hiker
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

AZDigger
City, State: Topock, AZ

Post by AZDigger » Jan 16 2016 6:31 am

Jenna Palomino wrote::wrt:
hmm...
I need suggestions on good Hiking boots that will last me awhile, yet are comfortable and light weight. ???????? :scared:
Good question, I have been curious about that myself, and the sandals thing blows me away. I guess I don't have the luxury of hiking trails that are groomed on a regular basis. I prefer a mid height boot for better protection of my feet. I am allergic to sand, pebbles, and brush between my toes and under my bare feet. I wear Salomons, they would be considered extremely heavy for the granola crowd, but I'm on my third pair with hundreds of mile on each walking in difficult rocky terrain, wet slippery conditions with no injury to my feet. I think Jesus would have worn Salomons if he had the choice.
"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

-Clint Smith

songdog
City, State: Lake Havasu, AZ

Post by songdog » Jan 18 2016 11:32 am

Check out Ahnu boots.....ultralite, waterproof, vibram soles. I love these boots. They are the most comfortable ones I've ever owned (and I've been through a lot of boots.) But I have to say that my "go to" footwear for most of my hikes and backpacking trips are my Inov8 Roclite trail shoes.
the songdog
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn
out and proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 25 2016 5:25 am

I just ordered the new Altra hiking-specific shoes. Zero-drop, (which means heel is not raised) and same fit (I hope) with the square toes and narrow heels. I ordered them through Road Runners, free shipping. These shoes came out just this month.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/pro ... tid=479600

I haven't been hiking the past couple of weeks because of a possible stress fracture of one of the metatarsal bones on my left foot. I haven't been noticing any pain the past few days with normal walking around. I will continue to bike and paddle for now. When I get the new shoes I'll start out with something very easy, and I'll turn back immediately if there is any pain. I want to give it plenty of time to heal.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

xthine
City, State: Sedona, AZ

Post by xthine » Aug 31 2016 9:48 am

I used to wear Danners for hikes and I thought they were great until I started using the La Sportiva Synthesis. The Synthesis is so much lighter and more comfortable than my Danners.

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Jan 20 2017 10:09 am

Anybody wear CV4010 Corcoran 6" hiking boots?
Rowdy and Widowmaker

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » Feb 04 2017 8:30 am

Well I order a new pair of Ecco hiking and my boots and brace should be here on Tuesday.
I love my Ecco Sandels and dress shoes so I am hoping for the same results with the hiking boots.
Rowdy and Widowmaker

Return to “Footwear & Trekking Poles”