Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Tortoise_Hiker
City, State: Mesa, AZ

azbackpackr's feet

Post by Tortoise_Hiker » Apr 28 2016 12:42 pm

@azbackpackr
Speaking of feet.... How are yours doing?
Tortoise Hiking. Stop and smell the Petrichor.

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: azbackpackr's feet

Post by azbackpackr » Apr 28 2016 2:23 pm

@Tortoise_Hiker
Thanks for asking. They're fine if I wear Altra trail runners. I have the Lone Peaks and the Superiors. If I try to wear any other shoe or boot, (I have many pairs) I get that same burning sensation after 2 or 3 miles. Altra is coming out with a dedicated hiking shoe in July. Hoping they will have the same fit, with very narrow heels, square toes and zero drop (heel is not raised).
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

ultrazona
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by ultrazona » Apr 28 2016 7:12 pm

azbackpackr wrote:@Tortoise_Hiker
Thanks for asking. They're fine if I wear Altra trail runners. I have the Lone Peaks and the Superiors. If I try to wear any other shoe or boot, (I have many pairs) I get that same burning sensation after 2 or 3 miles. Altra is coming out with a dedicated hiking shoe in July. Hoping they will have the same fit, with very narrow heels, square toes and zero drop (heel is not raised).
The hiking boot you speak of is going to be a high ankle version of the Lone Peaks. Additionally this year the Lone Peak 3.0s are coming out with new tread pattern and material. Also the mesh has been changed, hopefully to eliminate the way the current Lone Peak 2.5s let fine sand/dust in. I assume the new upper will be similar to the Superior 2.0s which due great in the sand/dust.
ultrazona.com

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Apr 29 2016 4:20 am

@ultrazona
Thanks for the info!!!! I would not be hiking if it weren't for Altras, and that's a fact. Spent hundreds of dollars on shoes that seem to fit, but soon I'd get the burning sensation and pain. Have done Havasupai and R2R and other backpacking trips and hikes in the Altras.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Return to “Footwear & Trekking Poles”