Find
Map
MAP
A to Z
notifications my cmntsmy comments

How do I add to my route in Route Manager?

Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, GPS - Admin

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
MadCheshire13
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: PRESCOTT VALLEY

How do I add to my route in Route Manager?

Post by MadCheshire13 » May 24 2016 10:39 pm

I just used Route Scout for the first time with my phone and it died roughly 2.5 miles from the trailhead. The trail was an out and back and I would like the full distance logged. Can I add the remaining distance? If so how? I tried adding tracks under the edit mode but I can't seem to get anywhere. It just zooms out and my mileage doesn't change. :(

joebartels
teva joe
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: How do I add to my route in Route Manager?

Post by joebartels » May 25 2016 4:37 am

Since it's an out-n-back the end of the hike can be cloned from the beginning. I'll message you the stats and how it's done.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

JasonCleghorn
Auburnopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by JasonCleghorn » May 25 2016 6:58 am

MadCheshire13 wrote:I just used Route Scout for the first time with my phone and it died roughly 2.5 miles from the trailhead. The trail was an out and back and I would like the full distance logged. Can I add the remaining distance? If so how? I tried adding tracks under the edit mode but I can't seem to get anywhere. It just zooms out and my mileage doesn't change. :(
Also you will get more battery life if you use Route Scout in Airplane Mode on your phone. If you weren't...
Follow me on Instagram: hikingjason
"It's not the mountains that we conquer, but ourselves"
"HAZ is not a meet-up group. Unless you're in the IN group, then its a meet-up group"

MadCheshire13
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: PRESCOTT VALLEY

Post by MadCheshire13 » May 25 2016 10:04 am

@JasonCleghorn
Haha, I thought of that when we finished the first half! It worked great but I thought turning on airplane mode would turn off GPS like everything else. By the time I hit airplane mode my phone was at 48%.

Return to “GPS & Electronic”