New TOPO! CD-ROM

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Teton
City, State: Wisconsin

New TOPO! CD-ROM

Post by Teton » Mar 23 2006 2:49 am

I just wanted to let everyone know about the new topo CD-ROM.

It is National Geographics Back Roads Explorer 3D. All I got to say is that it rocks!!!
It comes with 18 CDs for all 50 states. It has every option you can think of to make a map at home and never will I have to spend money on a map again for a new area.
It also has the 3D option. You can draw a line on a trail that you want. Then click on 3D and the map tilts horizontally and does a Fly-thru of your route. It is very easy to use and the graphics are so good that it feels like you are there during the fly thru with elevation gains and losses.
Not only all that it also has all major and minor roads in the U.S. so if your traveling in a car you can print off very high quality road maps for your trip. You can also download waypoints and routes to your GPS. It has just about every GPS available on the market that it is compatible with.
If you are looking for a good mapping program this is the one to look into.
I have seen it for $30 and I have seen it for $49 so it just depends on where you go to buy it.
If one way be better than another, that you may be sure it's nature's way.
Aristotle

diesel
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: NEW TOPO CD-ROM

Post by diesel » Mar 23 2006 11:36 am

In response to Teton's reply: I've been thinking about buying one of those Topo programs. Sounds like this one may be it. Do you need any other software to run it?

Teton
City, State: Wisconsin

Re: NEW TOPO CD-ROM

Post by Teton » Mar 23 2006 3:13 pm

In response to diesel's reply:
You do not need anything to run it except for windows. You can go to Nationalgeographic.com to see what it offers. Click on maps.
If one way be better than another, that you may be sure it's nature's way.
Aristotle

Return to “Map & Navigation”