Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
joebartels
teva joe
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Jet Boil

Post by joebartels » Sep 23 2009 9:50 pm

My Jet Boil got to the point where the click igniter didn't work. No biggie as everybody I've camped with was better prepared with matches or a lighter.

Up in the Kaibab last week alone in very cold temps I was darn near ready to cook dinner on the truck manifold. Then after some fidgeting I figured it out. Simply increase the gap on the igniter to a good quarter inch. It got pushed down as you pack it inside itself. It stumped me for a good year as it was sparking but apparently not enough. I'm sure this easy fix has been posted many times over, I just never took the time to look it up. Anyhow, I promised myself I'd post it in case others experienced the same.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

JoelHazelton
Luminosopelli

Re: Jet Boil

Post by JoelHazelton » Sep 23 2009 10:12 pm

I ran into the same issue maybe the third time I used mine. I was fortunately able to figure it out pretty quickly. Glad the same thing has happened to someone else.
"Arizona is the land of contrast... You can go from Minnesota to California in a matter of minutes, then have Mexican food that night." -Jack Dykinga

http://www.joelhazelton.com

Al_HikesAZ
Ol' Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Al_HikesAZ » Sep 23 2009 10:14 pm

Joe - even a third grader could have figured that out. :sl:
Anybody can make a hike harder. The real skill comes in making the hike easier.
Not if we can help it UNCLE JACK. http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx Not if we can help it.

joebartels
teva joe

Post by joebartels » Sep 23 2009 10:25 pm

Man ol' #255 has really turned some of ya whacky. The next shirt will definitely have a little #255 stamped on it along with an Indian throwing a Wendy.
(I apologize in advance to ye random web surfer in search of jet boil info)
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Return to “Cookware & Stoves”