Find
Map
MAP
A to Z
notifications my cmntsmy comments

Need Input - I'm buying a Backpack

Backpacks, Daypacks, Hydration Packs, etc...

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Need Input - I'm buying a Backpack

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 29 2013 11:51 am

Ok folks, I've just committed to a 6 Day Backpack Trip. I am taking the plunge and buying a Backpack. I have some limitations though. I will be getting it at REI so I can take advantage of a gift card, my dividend, and my coupon. Gregory is out. Although I really like my Z40 I've seen alot of bad reviews on their bigger packs, with the waistbelts failing. I will be getting a bigger pack that can handle multiple nights. My Z40 is sufficient for overnights. I will most likely never have the budget for multiple packs, so this one has got to be able to handle every scenario.

It will be a Men's pack, as they seem to "fit" me much better. The Z40 is a Men's medium. I really like having some external pockets and I know some packs actually have an option of a removable butt pack which would probably be nice to have. I know Ospreys are known for comfort, but it seems like they don't have quite the weight capacity as some of the other brands do...

Have at it guys, whatcha all think?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Bradshaws
Seed Gatherin' Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Need Input - I'm buying a Backpack

Post by Bradshaws » Apr 05 2013 6:40 pm

@Outdoor Lover
I have that same pack and I love it. It did take a little break in time but it fits like a glove now :D
“ you know what I think?... It doesn’t matter what I think”

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Apr 05 2013 6:50 pm

@big_load
:sl: Probably, it's navy and black... :sl: I'll buy a pink bandana or something equally silly so we can tell them apart.... :sl:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Apr 05 2013 6:55 pm

Outdoor Lover wrote:it's navy and black
Whew, that was close! Mine is dark green.

Return to “Packs”