Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Nighthiker
Tutin' Kokopelli
City, State: Payson

Camping

Postby Nighthiker » Apr 10 2011 5:50 am

Most of the coworkers are getting ready for the summer camping season, some have down sized since becoming empty nesters though a couple of them purchased the very large toy haulers. Almost all coworkers camp most in RV's of some kind but several still tent camp. I have a popup camper from Livinlite, and a military jeep trailer for the back country tent camping trips. Its not uncommon for me to take a week to ten day trip and include a back pack trip or a mtn. bike camping trip. Every thing is ready, return home from work and select the camping trip type, backpack ?, mtn. bike trip ?, popup ?, jeep trailer or a combination trip ?
jk

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Needles, CA

Re: Camping

Postby azbackpackr » Apr 10 2011 8:44 am

It is all fun. I would like to have a trailer to live in all summer! I don't think my 1994 Honda Accord will pull one, though, although maybe it would pull a small tent trailer. Alternate would be to get one of those really hefty big cabin tents from Eureka.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Grasshopper
Detailapelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Postby Grasshopper » Apr 10 2011 8:58 am

@Nighthiker
In my future I see a serious 4x4 G/H trip to the remote Del Shay Cabin with 3nts/4days of tent camping and day hikes in from there.. :)
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

kevinweitzel75
Kokevinkopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ.

Postby kevinweitzel75 » Apr 10 2011 11:43 am

When I car camp, planned for mid to late next month, I have a 10' x 15' cabin tent that sets up with tables, chairs, toilet, 3 beds with 4" foam pads, all the good stuff. Then we build a kitchen/eating area with a 12' x 30' tarp with sides. If we spend a week or so up there, we have quite the set up going on.
I would like to get a pop up tent or something (now I have the truck to pull it) but my money tree died. :( Maybe some time.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the road less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost

Return to “Bike”