Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Hippy
Grand-opelli
City, State: Grand Canyon

Are you my cycling Buddy? :D

Post by Hippy » Jan 19 2012 3:17 pm

The boyfriend just got a new mtn bike and I geared myself up with my old one so...

I need a mtn bike buddy! I also have a road bike if that's all you have we can cruise the many cycling paths around here.
I live in Peoria (Arrowhead area until march/april will be moving near I-17/Greenway)

So if you are willing to help out a mountain bike newbie and know some nice easy flat trails to start with...okay not flat, but hills kill me, my cardio is similar to a 85 year old man with emphysema...

Would prefer to meetup with other woman (safety first!!!) but co-ed is ok too.

My days off of work are wednesday & thursday. And I am usually off work and home by 630 every evening. Can you work with those days/times once a week or more???

Please help me get my cardio up to par so I can ride with my boyfriend on more difficult trails! :D
thank you!!!

-Also looking for evening running partner.
-Summertime swimming buddy.
-Gym partner to tackle my apartment complex gym with me! (FREE!!!)

autumnstars
Viva Vegapelli
City, State: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Are you my cycling Buddy? :D

Post by autumnstars » Jan 19 2012 10:19 pm

Well, I live a bit too far away to take you up, but an idea...
Drop into the local bike shop. Some have weekly, daily, monthly group rides. Free. The one nearest us has both road and mountain bike jaunts, for both die-hards and newer riders.
"Let it ride / Let it roll / Let it go"

kingsnake
Mickey Mouse is a Rat!
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Post by kingsnake » Jan 20 2012 8:29 am

Haley, the North Mountain area is real close and very benign. (At least if you stick to the bowl, and not go up to the towers.) Also, there is a good bike path that runs from the Arizona Canal (the one that runs from Sunnyslope out towards Arrowhead) north to 19th & Greenway, where it splits. The north leg then goes along further cement washes to Union Hills, and then dirt to appx 7th St & 101, or east basically paralleling Greenway to about Cave Creek Rd. The side streets in the Moon Valley area are pretty safe (or as safe as Phoenix can be ...)
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

kingsnake
Mickey Mouse is a Rat!
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Post by kingsnake » Jan 20 2012 8:30 am

Another area is along Cave Creek Rd just south of Thunderbird. Basically flat, except for a few wash crossings, which make nice whoops ...
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.

Hippy
Grand-opelli
City, State: Grand Canyon

Post by Hippy » Jan 20 2012 3:00 pm

Autumn, thats the thing, all the bike shops have wonky schedules but not as wonky as my own. they have AM rides and saturday rides but my work schedule is set to only having wed/thurs off :(

Kingsnake, actually that canal is the one my boyfriend takes to work every day he does like 28 miles a day I think, crazy man!
And i know of great places TO ride but I dislike going alone, I prefer someone to talk to, to ride alongside to socialize with. my honey and i have different days off plus i have a daughter and she isn't always so cooperative haha but when the man and i DO have time to ride we make the best of it, but its very rare.
so it'd be nice to have someone else to ride the canal with or visit North Mtn or just take a relaxing bike ride around the neighborhood! :D

looking for a buddy to bike with is all haha just not a big fan of going alone.

Return to “Bike”