Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Tough_Boots
Forest Gangster
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Cycling the state parks

Postby Tough_Boots » Jun 30 2012 8:35 pm

So I've been road biking all over Phoenix lately and would like to throw in some scenery. Do any state parks have long have a considerable amount of paved road? I'd like to be able to set up routes anywhere between 15-35 miles.
"there is no love where there is no bramble."
--bill callahan

Nighthiker
Tutin' Kokopelli
City, State: Payson

Re: Cycling the state parks

Postby Nighthiker » Jul 01 2012 7:44 am

I stay in one of the cabins at Dead Horse State Park in Cottonwood. I take a road and a mtn. bike and ride from the park. Some of the road ride includes: Camp Verde and back, Page Springs and back and for mtn. biking some of the trails around the park and the Lime Kiln trail. Usually ride in the morning and hike in the afternoon, some mornings walk along the River Trail to Old Town Cottonwood for breakfeast.

Fools Hollow State Park in Showlow also offers some good road and mtn. biking as well though the mtn. biking on Timber Mesa is on the East end of town.

Kartchner Caverns is another State Park for road cycling when I have stayed there

None of the state parks are large enough to do road riding within the park unless you want to do laps but they are excellent as a base camp to ride from.
jk

Return to “Bike”