Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
beterarcher
Redneckapelli
City, State: phoenix, az

Lance Armstrong

Postby beterarcher » Aug 23 2012 10:03 pm

I just saw breaking news that USADA has banned Armstrong for life. He said he will no longer fight the allegations against him. :doh: WHAT A LOAD OF PUMPKINS!
Last edited by beterarcher on Aug 23 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
Anthony Bourdain

beterarcher
Redneckapelli

Re: Lance Armstrong

Postby beterarcher » Aug 24 2012 7:47 pm

Tough_Boots wrote:Lance Armstrong is an amazing athlete. Who cares if he's used performance enhancing drugs? The athletes know the risk and the fans want the speed and intensity.

Just like the newest modifications in NASCAR relating to the cars and repaving of tracks. if fans don't like what the car modifications have done to the sport (the tandem racing that was so prevalent and boring last year) NASCAR just changes the rules on the cooling system. If the fans think there are not enough wrecks, they just modify the track. Not that I'm saying Lance doped but he was exciting to watch for all those years.
Understand, when you eat meat, that something did die. You have an obligation to value it - not just the sirloin but also all those wonderful tough little bits.
Anthony Bourdain

Alston_Neal
Tweet Boogie
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Alston_Neal » Aug 25 2012 10:33 am

I think the Tour my be using pressure on them. The Tour has come down real hard on doping cuz of revenue loss from sponsors and spectators.
The Tour is trying to regain the public trust and it is a large uphill battle kinda like climbing the Alpe d'Huez with 2 flats.
Interestingly last night my wife, a Tour freak like me, said why not let doping continue? I said doping has come a long way since transfusions and is done chemically. Some athletes have actually died in their sleep when the heart is at rest, since the drugs increase the red blood cells to abnormal levels thus making the blood more viscous.
In Japan they say only old people and crazy people hike mountains...........yep

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com

beterarcher
Redneckapelli

Postby beterarcher » Aug 25 2012 11:22 am

@Alston Neal
nice link on your sig! :DANCE:
Anthony Bourdain

Alston_Neal
Tweet Boogie
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Postby Alston_Neal » Aug 25 2012 11:43 am

beterarcher wrote:@Alston Neal
nice link on your sig! :DANCE:

Thanks, Joe said I could and I restrained myself from doing this...
www.oldterritorialshop.com... :sl:
In Japan they say only old people and crazy people hike mountains...........yep

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com

Return to “Bike”