Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Ok, this is just Nuts!!!

Post by outdoor_lover » Oct 17 2013 1:38 pm

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

PLC92084
∞kopelli
City, State: Vista, CA

Re: Ok, this is just Nuts!!!

Post by PLC92084 » Oct 17 2013 1:48 pm

@Outdoor Lover
I guess that stuff does give you wings... or at least temporarily subdues the part of your brain that governs common sense. :o

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Oct 17 2013 7:31 pm

And then there's poetry:
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Bradshaws
Seed Gatherin' Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Bradshaws » Oct 17 2013 8:51 pm

I could watch Red Bull videos all day ;) and as many of them as I drink I'm sure I've financed at least part of one. :lol:
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Nighthiker
HAZopelli
City, State: Payson

Post by Nighthiker » Oct 18 2013 5:04 am

Nothing like that, bunny hopped a few snakes. Form may not have been good, more like a missile clearing a silo.
jk

SAMBA
Seed Gatherin' Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by SAMBA » Oct 18 2013 7:31 am

I attended the 3rd (?) annual RBR in Virgin, UT back in aught-02. At that time "Free Riding" was in its infancy, and the contestants were ecstatic just to make it to the finish line ALIVE. Trophies were a distant afterthought, and acrobatics weren't even a thought. Well that was then, and this http://www.redbull.com/us/en/bike/stori ... y-backflip is now. Ten or fifteen years of "X Games" viewing and cute "babes" have created a culture of adrenaline junkies who are driven to "push the envelope" as far as inhumanly possible. I still remember back to the "old days" overhearing one young contestant (there are no old free riders) explaining what drove him to ride down a seemingly unrideable mountain, he said, "He hoped to finish the contest with a minimum of nine stitches. The babes love scars". His words, not mine! Mmmmm!!! What are the babes thinking now?

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Post by azbackpackr » Oct 18 2013 7:54 am

Mountain States Cup, a huge downhill and crosscountry race series, has been cancelled this year for lack of entries. That's what happened. I used to do first aid for it as a volunteer for Apache Rescue Team, a youth group trained to do wilderness first aid. Last year I went was 2010. The last year it was held was 2012. This year it is cancelled.

I guess now there are a lot of private courses going up, and not as many people interested in that kind of competition.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

SAMBA
Seed Gatherin' Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by SAMBA » Oct 18 2013 8:13 am

Graphic proof, http://hikearizona.com/photoset=27116, that SAMBA's not a lying, daft ol' buzzard.

Return to “Bike”